More bomb attacks in London

Um...

It appears that no one was killed although one woman was reported injured.
Tony needs to get on the ball finding this group. Be careful today.

Get on the ball finding them?

Just because we are not out invaiding some country that has little or nothing to do with the attacks it doesn't mean the authorities aren't doing anything.

All four bombers from 2 weeks ago have been identified, houses have been raided, explosives recovered, documents found, (plus more I would asume).

Certainly we didn't send any planes around the country picking up the bombers relatives and taking them to anykind of political / military safehaven.

Sounds like a flame, but really it's not... I just get pissed when people say Oh, we have to get on the ball finding these people... or what are the police doing etc...

It's not as easy as that... remember it's four years (two wars) later and Osama Bin Laden is still not found!

I'm not sure about what happened today.

If it actually was the same group again, why did it all go wrong? Why did the "bombers" run away with none of the bombs going off properly? And why didn't the bombs go off? The impression I get is it was only the detonators that fired, were there no explosives at all or did the bombs fail in some way?

That's what I don't get, it just didn't seem as well organised as what happened 2 weeks ago, they didn't hit during rush hour for maximum effect or anything.

So who did it? I think that's what they're trying to find out.

root said:
Get on the ball finding them?

Just because we are not out invaiding some country that has little or nothing to do with the attacks it doesn't mean the authorities aren't doing anything.

All four bombers from 2 weeks ago have been identified, houses have been raided, explosives recovered, documents found, (plus more I would asume).

Certainly we didn't send any planes around the country picking up the bombers relatives and taking them to anykind of political / military safehaven.

Sounds like a flame, but really it's not... I just get pissed when people say Oh, we have to get on the ball finding these people... or what are the police doing etc...

It's not as easy as that... remember it's four years (two wars) later and Osama Bin Laden is still not found!

Didn't mean for you to take it that way root. I get impatient about things like this when I have to sit on the sidelines and just observe.

I know exactly what you mean now, I did take it the wrong way at first.

but in this case I think the action taken might be taking a turn for the worst...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706787.stm

Mr Whitby, told BBC News: "I saw an Asian guy run onto the train hotly pursued by three plain-clothes police officers.

"One of them was carrying a black handgun - it looked like an automatic - they pushed him to the floor, bundled on top of him and unloaded five shots into him."

Lol i saw it while it happened.... They closed down 3 Train Stations for a while closed of a University Hospital and a road.... There were men in Armour with it looked liek MP5s

At least they have killed one of the bastards now..... though there are still 3 out there somewhere...

malbuc87uk said:
I'm not sure about what happened today.

If it actually was the same group again, why did it all go wrong? Why did the "bombers" run away with none of the bombs going off properly? And why didn't the bombs go off? The impression I get is it was only the detonators that fired, were there no explosives at all or did the bombs fail in some way?

That's what I don't get, it just didn't seem as well organised as what happened 2 weeks ago, they didn't hit during rush hour for maximum effect or anything.

So who did it? I think that's what they're trying to find out.
One of the latest theories as to why the bombs didn't go off, [Thank God!!] was that it was the same terrorist group, & they were using explosive material left over from a fortnight ago, & it had deteriorated, & useless, except to burst into flames, makes a lot of sense that, but by now they will have twigged this, & make a new batch each time.
I'm not being morbid, these are the hard facts, attacks like this could go on for years, although there is no proof that they are linked to the Iraqi war, look how the incidence of suicide bombers in Iraq have escalated recently.

Back
Top Bottom