Mod Review: Brookfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
he certainly does make alot of errors, more than what a mod should make. these errors are not huge "ifs" but they are continuos which brings the point up that he must know he is making them and, for someone who bans for less is quite hypocritical.

i would love to see brookfield mod his own posts. He would defenitly give himself a hard time and with abit of luck would probably ban himself.

I think his intention is good
But and this is a big but
He continualy double posts even though he has been told a number of times by both other moderators and david . We all have to use the edit button and multi quote and so should he
However he does know how to use the edit button because he does edit other peoples posts to reply to comments made by them , this is both abuse of his mod position and confuses issues on the forum as it makes things hard to follow
If you challange any decision he has made he then gets angry at you for critisising him and persists that he is right and you are wrong in every way This happened in the recent you tube video thread when i told him he shouldnt have banned fisher and he said there was something wrong with me
He also lets his personal opinion of something get in the way of his decision as a moderator such as also in the you tube thread again where he banned fisher for posting a video of him drinking and because brookfield disagrees with teenage drinking he banned him for some time although didnt remove the video

allthingsscared has brought up SOME interesting, and true points, but him suggesting that brookfield is a pedo is wrong. he went a bit too far!
theres hardly any girls on here anyway.

I think that brookfield is one of the better mods, and he has the experience and he is wide because well..he is alot older than any of us here. Only thing is his double posting :) otherwise i think hes a great guy.

he certainly does make alot of errors, more than what a mod should make. these errors are not huge "ifs" but they are continuos which brings the point up that he must know he is making them and, for someone who bans for less is quite hypocritical.

i would love to see brookfield mod his own posts. He would defenitly give himself a hard time and with abit of luck would probably ban himself.

LMAO. Yea, he would probably ban himself.

If I was a mod, Allthingssacred would be PBed for that post, I think it was extremely offensive. You don't even know the guy, who the hell do you think you are to judge him like that? Go ahead and criticize him as a mod, I have no problem with that. But making it personal like that is f*cking low, something a 10 year old would do. Grow up. If you don't like the way things are around here, LEAVE!

Overall, I think Brookfield is really one of the best mods. He puts a vast amount of time into his work here. He does make the occasional mistake, but who doesn't? Given, he may make more mistakes than others...but he always has good intent. Always.
If the decision was made to force Brook to step down as a mod, I would leave.

He seems to have this bizarre belief that he is better than everyone else, he is a liar and a hypocrite.

He is consistently lying to members, particularly about the issue of me being temporarily banned earlier this month, and cannot be trusted. Anyone who wants proof of this may send me a private message.

He uses the death of his wife as an excuse to do whatever he pleases. This is disgusting behaviour.

Continually and knowingly double posts and sneers and laughs at those who make him accountable for it. He has even done it again today even after the review thread has been created. Others who break the rules are banned left, right and centre and he gets given Brownie Points for it.

He misuses privileged information in order to deliberately send insulting messages independently of this forum. For all his talk of "responsible jobs" this would get anyone sacked on the spot in the real world.

He seems to think he is invincible. He just continually embarrasses himself by making ridiculous, outlandish claims such as how he can ban anybody he pleases... he went on and on for page after page about how he can ban any moderator he chooses, was told this was impossible, even by the very core laws of computer security, by seven different people before he eventually tried it himself and was presented with the well-known error message.

His past posts seem to show a disturbing trend towards flirting with young female members. This is truly sickening as well as potentially illegal [if I reported those threads to the Police they would take notice, as "grooming" of children online is taken EXTREMELY seriously and people have been imprisoned in the past for it, often for many years], if he came anywhere near my daughter I would not describe here what I would do to him. In some cases, any other member who did the same was banned.

Other moderators should resign. He and David Lindon run this forum as a two-man freakshow clique, the little child and the Prehistoric Pervert, it is tragic really. The best part about him is his age; we will not be forced to put up with him forever. He is also the most childish and petulent individual I have ever met, bar none, and this is no exaggeration after thirty-six years of life, three years at University and my school days, as well as numerous student jobs and a career as an IT professional.

He is only here because he is a moderator, and you people give him attention he does not deserve. I will bet £10 on him never returning here again if he is no longer moderator [a position, I might add, he does not deserve]. He needs to get off his high horse and take a good look at the real world.

I really cannot be bothered typing any further points as I have made myself abundantly clear as it is.

So,

Maturity: -10 / 10
Moderating ability: -10 / 10 (unable to use basic functions such as the edit button and makes continual mistakes)
I have to agree.

I've sent personal messages to Brookfield on multiple occasions with questions and whatnot and he words his responses with the most confusing, unrelated, annoying responses you can possibly reply with, and then if I don't understand he always says something like "I wish you didn't ask me". He's really quick-tempered, clearly doesn't know the concept of the edit button, a hypocrite, the list goes on.

I've tried to understand Brookfield's tactics in the past and tried to accept them but recently he's gone too far and, honestly, if there was any moderator who should be removed of their moderator status it should be Brookfield. What's the point of enforcing an anti-double/trible/quadruple post rule if one of your moderators can't follow it?

in response to Allthingssacred.

now i apreciate you have you opinion but some of that stuff u said is just wrong this is a constructive criticism thread not a 'flaming match'.

Reported due to suggestion of peodophilia

I don't see flame in his post. Word choice was poor yes, but he addressed issues and explained them with out yelling at Brookfield. However, I will bring that one up to other mods to see what they think.

{Edit} PM sent. Other mods do not take action so we can avoid confusion.

Dude he was expressing his opinion just cos people disagree with it dosent make it a flame , he didnt just say brook was what he said he did explain and i am sure if you asked he would probably supply something to back up wat he is saying

Dude he was expressing his opinion just cos people disagree with it dosent make it a flame , he didnt just say brook was what he said he did explain and i am sure if you asked he would probably supply something to back up wat he is saying

Yeah, and as a side note, he said what a lot of you have said to me in PMs. But the PM is sent, and we will see if a second mod agrees with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom