Mod Chip Thread Locked?!

catalyst1

BSOD
David, why did you lock the thread concerning mod chips? I even posted how mod chips are legal. The whole point of them is so you can play copies of games that you own. Yes, pirated DVDs are illegal, but that was not the topic of the thread. Mod chips are legal to have if you use them in a legal manner.

The reason I'm getting so upset about this is because I see this kind of thing all the time. If there's a topic concerning something that COULD BE used illegally, people raise a shitstorm. Lots of things could be used illegally: lighters, books, rain, carpet, a pen, et cetera, et cetera. My point is that the thread should not have been locked just because mod chips could be used in an illegal manner. Maybe the thread starter wanted to keep his collection from getting scratched and damaged, so he would rather play copies instead. It's just an example. So to David and everyone else, please think before jumping on the illegality bandwagon; because I'm hiding right around the corner with my computer speaker to bludgeon you to death with it.

Because the user wanted to chip their ps2 to play pirated dvds which is illegal and I would get in trouble for it being on my web site.

spank_fusion said:
David, why did you lock the thread concerning mod chips? I even posted how mod chips are legal. The whole point of them is so you can play copies of games that you own. Yes, pirated DVDs are illegal, but that was not the topic of the thread. Mod chips are legal to have if you use them in a legal manner.

The reason I'm getting so upset about this is because I see this kind of thing all the time. If there's a topic concerning something that COULD BE used illegally, people raise a shitstorm. Lots of things could be used illegally: lighters, books, rain, carpet, a pen, et cetera, et cetera. My point is that the thread should not have been locked just because mod chips could be used in an illegal manner. Maybe the thread starter wanted to keep his collection from getting scratched and damaged, so he would rather play copies instead. It's just an example. So to David and everyone else, please think before jumping on the illegality bandwagon; because I'm hiding right around the corner with my computer speaker to bludgeon you to death with it.

Owned.

Maybe just edit whoevers post, that had the remark you thought was a little sketchy, instead of locking the whole topic?

The admin/owner has the right to edit any post or remove it as he/she sees fit. If in this case David has a concern with a subject matter becomming a legal matter he is well within his rights as the admin/owner to edit or remove the post.

setishock said:
The admin/owner has the right to edit any post or remove it as he/she sees fit. If in this case David has a concern with a subject matter becomming a legal matter he is well within his rights as the admin/owner to edit or remove the post.

I understand that David can do what he did. I'm not arguing that. I'm just questioning the reason.

Back
Top Bottom