might get a broken 360 free

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, my friends brother has a 360 that just broke apparently. My friend said his bro might just throw it out if he cant get a replacement. So I wanted to ask if I were to get it if there is anyway of fixing it. He says when he plays a game it freezes every 2 seconds. It is an older 2005 model that has bugs I guess. Anyway to fix it?

Take it either way...perfectly good parts inside it. You probably just need a replacement DVD drive or something simple anyway!

If it's a problem with something replaceable, some sites will have extra parts, but if it's the hardware that's dead, you're SOL.

I'm pretty sure he can still get a replacement. He might have to pay some fees or whatnot.

Well, he didnt get the warrenty and has had it for a year or so now. So we will see. I hope its the 3 red light error cause it looks like that is fixable.

I wish I waited for the next revision to buy one...
Still, I can still play on mine fine, its just very very loud. I'm wondering actually if theres a mod you can do to quieten it down, yet still keep it cool if not cooler.

Good luck with the fix, if you manage to get hold of it :)

Some have tried buying those small acoustic pads. They put it on the sides of the Xbox 360 and around the DVD drive. Helps a bit, but nothing significant.

Hmm... I'm thinking more along the lines of opening it up, and changing the case and adding quieter fans :p

I think the fans are proprietary. I'm sure you can mod it, but it just requires work, patience and luck.

i heard theres a new version of 360 being released.yea another one.its called xbox 360 black and is for people who download stuff off of xbox live and stuff.apparently its gunna have the same price as regular 360 but its not worth it unless u like music and demos on ur 360

actuly its ganna be 470 dolors have a 120g hard drive be all black and a hdim imput
only difference
and if it frezzes its over heating problem best way to fix that is to just open up the 360 put it on a better case and ether water cool or artic silver 5 with a good heat sink and fan

Back
Top Bottom