Microsoft Most Successful Failure (this is not a joke, mind you)

XPUser1

In Runtime
Microsoft's Most Successful Failure
http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/330

Quoted

I think that Windows 2000 has probably been one of Microsoft's greatest sources of bad press in the entire history of the company. But it also defined the company into what it is today. Windows 2000 was meant to be their most secure operating system ever but it turned out to be an absolute security disaster. Somehow Microsoft managed to not only recover from that disaster but also to turn security into one of their greater assets. It turns out, then, that Windows 2000 was their most successful failure so far.

I don't use W2K so I cannot vouch for the above article. For those of you running W2K whats your verdict?

Ive used Windows 2000 when it 1st came out..

Didnt' mess too much with the security aspect of it so that wasn't an issue.. As far as stability, It's the most stable win box out there.

I've used Windows 2000 Professional and I like it.. I've never had problems with it either.. and on my server, I have Windows 2000 Advanced Server.. it's the best OS I've used for a server..

personally i like windows 2000. I've never had any issues with it regarding stability and it often seems alot quicker than XP.

Hmmm...

I have it running on a p2 web crusier I rebuilt. It was on it to start with so I kept it. Makes that little sucker go like the wind. As for security issues I have not noticed any. $169.00USD for an OEM copy of w2k pro. Too rich for my blood.

Mark Burnett is pretty critical of 2000, which has 5 service packs. He is very forgetfull of the other Microsoft wonder Win ME the malodorous effluent. So this must be the very best of MS's offerings that never has had a service pack. This version coined the phrase plug and pray... amongst others :D

I gave a computer away to the Salvos, and they asked me what os was on it, I told them Win ME and thay said no thank you. So I put a Linux disto on it, and they were happy to take it off my hands. :p

Back
Top Bottom