Microsoft Academy in Highschool

wiktorek01

Daemon Poster
I got accepted to the Microsoft IT Academy! And I want to know if this will help me out in life. I'm taking the programming courses and it's over a 3 year term. The first year I will be learning 2559 Intro to Visual Basics.NET. The second, 2373 Programming with Microsoft Visual Studio.NET and 2310 Developing Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications. The third and last year will be 2389 Programming with Microsoft ADO.NET.

Well, first of all I have no clue what all that is :p so if anyone wants to explain it in simple words or has a site I can read about it, that would be greatly appreciated.

After I complete the 3 years I will recieve a certificate from Microsoft. And the student with the highest grades is directly sent to Microsoft for a possible job/career.

I just would like to know your thoughts on this program, all opinions are welcomed.

Cool
I'm only 13 ... probably too young but it sounds very interesting to me :)

It's a program in my high school. I'm 15 and going into grade 10.

There is also engineering courses.

That's cool. I don't think our school does that. I am the same age as you. I would like to do that.....

I'm going to be a freshman, would it be a prime time for me to check that out :confused:

And, how much is it? And is it run through your highscool school day or?

I'm gonna be a junior and I'm taking a 2 year class with 4 periods a day, giving me the following benefits:

A+ Certification (If I pass the test)
Technical Endorsement on my diploma
and 3.1 or 3.3 weighting on my average

4 periods a day for 2 years doing everything related with computers.

As for Marx, yes it probally is the school day and its free.
Ussually these classes open up for you in 10th or 11th grade though, since you'll need more free periods to take them.

Micrsoft i can not believe don't get too happy we are talking about Microsoft here .. i have never heard of this i am now going to do abit of research be back soon with my findings. How did you hear of it, where is it?

Back
Top Bottom