Mercedes A140 Elegance 1.4 LWB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes thanks, hey!, that was taken in England, whereabouts, do you know?
No, I don't know where I just got it off google images, but in the upper left hand corner theres a web address, I'll go there and see if I can find an address.

EDIT- found it!
Adapted Vehicle Sales
43-49 Gunnersbury Lane
Acton
London
W38ED
Tel:0845 257 1671
Fax:0870 131 4529

No, I don't know where I just got it off google images, but in the upper left hand corner theres a web address, I'll go there and see if I can find an address.

EDIT- found it!
Adapted Vehicle Sales
43-49 Gunnersbury Lane
Acton
London
W38ED
Tel:0845 257 1671
Fax:0870 131 4529
That was nifty, finding that!, quite some time ago I went on a civil service two day course in London & the digs they gave me was in Acton, I was there two nights, & was woken at 5am both mornings by commuters starting their cars, they were nose to tail all down the street, so lots of manouvering, what a racket!!

Yeah that was some nice detective work there hascet. My cousin's got that car brook, I quite like it myself

Yeah that was some nice detective work there hascet. My cousin's got that car brook, I quite like it myself
I got it three days ago & I drove it into town today for the first time to get the groceries, sweet:) , drives like a dream, it's deceiving, after the Audi & four other 2l cars I've owned, I thought a 1.4 would be sluggish, not a bit of it, yes the acceleration wasn't so responsive but once it was up to thirty, no probs, I was at seventy before I realised, dropping back to forty, as speed cameras operate on that route, yes, I'm very pleased with it, [& £13,000 is a modest price for a Merc] plus, I enjoyed the looks when people noticed the Mercedes emblem, there aren't many 'A' class on the island.

If thats the car you got, I wouldve kept the Audi..
As you can see quite a few would disagree with you, it's so manouverable, it weighs a third less less than the Audi, steering is light & responsive, it takes a little while longer to get to 60mph, but when it does, wow!, it was clocked at 130mph on the Mercedes test track, & of course it's slightly unusual shape was evolved after many hours in their wind tunnel like all their models.

haha, i dont think they put that much time and effort into the car im driving at the moment... my £400 daewoo hasnt ever seen a wind tunnel.. lol..

Nice car ,not my taste as it is quite tall compared to other cars but if it suits your needs thats what matters oh andd the fact that it was your chioce and you are happy with it
although it isnt my choice it does look like a pretty nifty nimble little thing

i cant wait to learn to drive next january

I got it three days ago & I drove it into town today for the first time to get the groceries, sweet:) , drives like a dream, it's deceiving, after the Audi & four other 2l cars I've owned, I thought a 1.4 would be sluggish, not a bit of it, yes the acceleration wasn't so responsive but once it was up to thirty, no probs, I was at seventy before I realised, dropping back to forty, as speed cameras operate on that route, yes, I'm very pleased with it, [& £13,000 is a modest price for a Merc] plus, I enjoyed the looks when people noticed the Mercedes emblem, there aren't many 'A' class on the island.

it is prolly decieving because i bet the audi weight a fair bit yet that would be much lighter than the audi
oh and when i first saw one of them i didnt believe it was a merc i was like what was that a merc badge on that car , kind of strange when someone says merc i think of big executive cars like this
2001_mercedes-benz_carlsson_clk.jpg

The Audi just rose to £435 a year, the Merc should be around £280.
I think that younger people pay far too much, whew, both yours are high, at least there's one advantage to growing old! I've got 9 years protected no claims bonus, god knows what it'd be without that!

its not just the age you live on the isle of wight i suppose you get a big discount for that as well and your 9 years no claims bonus , thats a long time , my ddad has a simmilar ammount he ha sonly ever had one accident which was aages ago when he first passed his test

How I wish I had the ability to edit every post authored by you so I could correct your run-on sentances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom