Members, especially Gurus...

As far as gurus, or members in general, telling newbies to search for a response already said, its quite a popular issue. I've seen it happen on nearly every single forum community I have ever been a part of.

Ussually, before asking a question in a thread, I search for a thread that may have already answered the question I have, but that is a habit inherited from years of using forums. Now, I never expect the same from anyone else, as I don't know their computer knowledge and / or background.

I believe that this is a close knit community, and disrespect isn't a major issue that I've run across, although I have just returned from a long 'break'. In any case, I do agree with you completely, and hope that the Gurus may continue to set an example of respect and maturity that they would in turn expect from others.

As a Guru, you are a member who has contributed in a large way to CF through your involvement with the community. When new members see your Guru status, they likely expect you to set an example, as a mature individual would in another setting. I hope that you realize that you, as a Guru, set this example of behavior for other members.

I remember the days where I was not as experienced with computers, and to be quite frank, I was annoying to those who had more experience than I. As a result, I was given similiar responses where they didn't care to help me out, as they just wanted to be left be. This sent me, as a new member to these communities, a message that I did not like, and as a result, I no longer participate in these communities.

Please remember that nooone requires you to help any member who has a question, as this is not your job. Although, if you can be kind and have the knowledge, it is a nice gesture to help them out in any way you can.

I hope that becoming a guru has not become what it seems to, with this thread being created. If you are a guru, you are not part of some cliche, where only those with 1000+ posts can join. If you are a guru, you are an active member who sets an example of behavior for others of the community.

As I've always said, please do not take my response(s) personally, as I merely intend to voice my opinion on the matter of discussion. Thank you.

ArrizX said:
You dont help at all anyways, so why say that?

Ehh, he tends to do that all the time, I try not to say anything, but post whore..When someoen asks, "have you seen this movie" hes the 1st to say, "no".. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah! I forgot...I thought some were calling him Brookie as a nickname. :p

llhuser said:
Brookie would have been with us if a couple of you wouldn't have opened your big mouths.
Excuse me? David practically proved he was a spammer, plus the fact that he was abusing members, left right & centre, I had no viable option, but to PB him, if you think I was wrong, be my guest, ask David to reinstate him.

Brookfield said:
Excuse me? David practically proved he was a spammer, plus the fact that he was abusing members, left right & centre, I had no viable option, but to PB him, if you think I was wrong, be my guest, ask David to reinstate him.
That was just an example. There were other times that some used to do it.

Brookfield said:
Example?, hmmm.
Well, take a look on some people with that pinky4 life situation. Also, they sometimes get into war with each other. It sometimes resides as a ban or a thread lock. There's been a few of them, but that few must tell that most of them must show example to forum.

Back
Top Bottom