Masters in Computer Science

DogSong

Daemon Poster
Does anyone know what I can do with a masters in Computer Science? I was hoping to be an IT, but can I do that with a degree in computer science?

I don't know of anyone who uses computer science as a way into IT. Typically they go for MIS, and related fields. Everyone I know who went with computer science for a major is in some kind of development/development support (qa, implementation etc).

Don't quote me, but I think network admin's fall under MIS or MIT and not CS. Software Engineers and architects can fall under that umbrella but in that case there is also a major in Software Engineering to consider.

Agreed.... My padre works at cooper tire, and he said there was a software engineering position open, but you needed a masters in CS

Don't base your choice in degree on one opening. How old are you now?

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to mislead you that I wanted to do that for that opening! No, I want to do something with programming that will pay good, because I'm going to a career center for the next two years for programming! I'm 16 btw

Degrees don't matter all that much in jobs in this field. They get you interviews but it's the experience gets you the job. SE and CS can both write code and design software. WHo does what better I'd argue is up for debate and most people are biased based on the degree they have. Have a SE degree myself I'd say SE's do both better.

To find the difference between those two: Software Engineering vs. Computer Science - Computer Science & Software Engineering - Concordia University - Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to mislead you that I wanted to do that for that opening! No, I want to do something with programming that will pay good, because I'm going to a career center for the next two years for programming! I'm 16 btw
Ok, just making sure. They are all decent fields as far as I know. So do which one you like.
I'm a Mechanical Engineer myself, so I don't have a ton of experience with software engineering and computer science fields to give you much more advice.

Maybe look for an actual job posting that you are interested in, and see what sort of qualification they are after? -- could even contact the recruiter to find out more. :)

Back
Top Bottom