Many questions, need opinions too.

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, I'm building a computer for my friend soon. May 12th or so. I am selling him my 570 sli board for $50 to get something better. I want to sell him my en7900gstop as well for $140. I am not charging anything to build the computer. I dont want to sell the gfx card if the 8800gts will drop in price as the R600 comes out. So what would you do? Wait for the 8800GTS 320 mb to drop in price, wait for the 8900gs to come out, or sell now?

Also, this part could probably go in general computer and hardware but...
Any program I can use to OC my video card? And what do you use to OC processor in windows? Whats the name of the software?

I"m sure the gts's price will drop with the outcome of the R600, but is there even a set date for that? Personally i wouldnt' wait to sell, and grab the video card now. Maybe its because i'm an Nvidia fanboy, but i love that card.

ntunes provides support for OC'ing both in windows if you have an NForce chipset, but its kinda bugged. Occasionally it eff's your bios and you need to load defaults, even if you didn't change anything on your last comptuer session.

as for video card, Coolbits is supposed to be good, but i never used it myself.

Get the nvidia. IMO RivaTuner is the best for OC'ing video cards. And the BIOS is great for OC'ing proccesors. OC'ing software for processors aren't very good.

Theres an 8900GS coming out? is there also going to be an 8900GT/X?...
Anyways, I'd wait for the R600 to come out, the competitive pricing between ATI and nvidia will help you out too. Just wait until May 14th, that's the supposed release date of the Radeon HD 2900

K, just a couple more questions. With SLI can I run 2 monitors? And if I have an SLI board can I run one of the slots as a physics card instead of for a second graphics card? This theread should have been made in teh general hardware secton, sorry.
Yeah I think they are making an 8900gs and gt and gx2 but I'm not sure.

K, just a couple more questions. With SLI can I run 2 monitors? And if I have an SLI board can I run one of the slots as a physics card instead of for a second graphics card? This theread should have been made in teh general hardware secton, sorry.
Yeah I think they are making an 8900gs and gt and gx2 but I'm not sure.
1. No AFAIK. If you put in 2 graphics cards, you can have as many monitors as ports there are, but once you put them in SLI to increase performance I don't think you can have multiple monitors.

2. Yes

Ok thanks. Are there any mobos that have one slot for graphics and one slot for physics that might be cheaper than teh 650i's?

Back
Top Bottom