Mamecade

slayer6466

Baseband Member
does anyone have any experience converting an old jamma cabinet or dedicated upright to a mamecade

I WAS Going to take on this project BUT i Dont have the room....

It's quite simple aslong as you have the parts you need,soldering skills and computer skills.

Speak to D-LEW,he's doing something like this at the moment.

yeah im converting an old sega star trek dedicated upright.it was converted to xmen otherwise i would of restored it.yeah putting in an old celeron d and mounting it on mdf board, was just wondering if i should put more fans because of heat issues.neo dude what kind of cab were you thinking of converting????

I Was going to be converting a Sega Afterburner Upright Cabinet and doing excactly what you are doing,I was going to use THIS keyboard encoder,and use a CRT Monitor OR a TV as my display device.

I Would Recomend putting Fans HERE:

Untitled-10.png

So have one fan on one side Pushing Air Out,And the other Pulling Air in,So you have some airflow in the case.I Was then going to use THIS as my Amp for the speakers already in the case.

For some other effects i was going to place a White cathode tube just above the control layout for night time gaming AND The Player 1,Player 2 and the Insert coin button where all going to glow blue.

But,I have no room for my dream yet :(

And worst of all i cant get that cabinet anymore,the guy i was going to guy it off sold it a week ago :(

yeah except i was gonna use a key wiz encoder.that sucks about your cabinet though you can still make one but you have to handy with an jigsaw and and have some alot of space for working.were you gonna use mame ui .128.if you were i have a 5 disk set of roms ,you can have em:D

I Was going to use the DOS Version of MAME with ArcadeOS to get better performance :)

Also,Thanks for the offer but i have all the MAME Roms i want :D

thanks for answering neo.well anyone won wants roms can have the discs, i will send out.its about 7000 roms.i know they are free online but it takes lots of time downloading all these roms plus these disks also have snapshots,banners etc.pm if intersted

Back
Top Bottom