Longhorn Review

Bum Dum Dum Bum Dum Dum Bum Duuummmmm!!!
Playfordnet Reviews said:
Windows Longhorn; release about late 2005 or very early 2006 is the next installment of the chair gripping Windows Saga. With more extras than the European Courts can wave their Foul Open-Source Hats at, Longhorn demands respect even from the view of the latest Alpha-4051 Build. Mac and Linux have been given huge amounts of time to attempt to defeat the beast that is now called XP SP1; and XP SP2 will finalise the perfection soon enough to steer clear ahead of the competition. However; the finally death-bringing blow to the Mac and the dreadful attack on the foul Server-Suckiling Linux Based Open-Source Demon will come from an Operating System named as such because of its huge 'Endowment Below' - this being the Aero UI Graphics Base which demands 512Mb RAM of Respect, the new WinFS File System which says fill me up and lock my doors, the new additions to the package including Windows Media Player 11 probably MSN Messenger 8 likely MSN Explorer Premium and an in-Windows-DVD Writing Package. Truely this is a Piece of Software that would need Jet Li to beat it in a Game of Speed Chess. With an expected load of 5GB - more than 3 times what XP takes up now - Longhorn is a huge munting beast of an OS.
Playfordnet Reviews said:
Whether due to its huge Endowment which was not an insinuation or its immense power and durablity Longhorn will knock your, my, and God's Pantihoes off so that they are on a pile on the floor making us say Hold me Longhorn, hold me to your buxom and make love to me.
Now - I may have been a little overdramatic there but eitherway it looks good!
A source of more detailed information if you would like:
http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/longhorn_4051_01_intro.asp
Any comments? Either on my fabulous Review Writing abilities or on Longhorn itself?

Should be damned interesting! It looks so good - my best gugess at versions out within 2 months of the Home and Pro Editions:

Windows Longhorn Home Edition,
Windows Longhorn Professional Edition,
Windows Longhorn Tablet Edition,
Windows Longhorn Media Centre,
Windows Longhorn Server,
Windows Longhorn CE,
can anybody say whether there wil be more?
Office Longhorn?

Either way I am shaking in anticipation! I want it now!

What did you think of my review? :D

Heard that Longhorn doesnt really bother about the consumer's privacy. Anything done on the Microsoft Longhorn OS would be sent back and assessed, thats what I heard. Provided of course that the user has internet access

Cheerios said:
Heard that Longhorn doesnt really bother about the consumer's privacy. Anything done on the Microsoft Longhorn OS would be sent back and assessed, thats what I heard. Provided of course that the user has internet access

^^See this? This is where Microsoft are going to screw up.

People don't want every move of theirs being watched. They want privacy - whether they are doing anything dodgy or not. Now, do Linux do that? Hell no. Which is why more people like Linux - and will even more when Longhorn arrives. More and more things are becoming compatible for Linux - especially games wise (With the arrival of WinEx). Compatibility is a major issue as to why people don't go with Linux - surely by 2006, most of those issues will have been resolved. When people find out that every move of theirs is watched - people will either stick to XP (which does exactly the same thing, may I add) or look for something different - leaving a wide open space for Linux to come in. Most Linux Distros are free - leaving the oppurtunity for people to try it out, without having to shove their hands down their pockets for more than the price of a CD-R. They will be probably be able to do with Linux what they can with a standard Windows OS - connect to the net, use messengers and play games etc. Even the Linux distros you have to pay for are what, £50 tops? Which is not much compared to the cost of Longhorn.

Ive never used linux before. Is it really that good. Problem is is it compatible with alot of things and do I need some time to get used to linux? Is it really better for games? Why

Cheerios said:
Ive never used linux before. Is it really that good. Problem is is it compatible with alot of things and do I need some time to get used to linux? Is it really better for games? Why

The main problem with Linux is compatibility with most modems - so connecting to the net can prove quite difficult. However - games and such can be played using WinEx. The main advantages are (if you can connect it to the net) are it's stability, and it's very safe when compared to Windows (eachtime you have to download a patch from www.microsoft.com it basically covers up a hole in Windows bad code). It is also Open Source - so all those programmers who want to learn to make an OS, could quite happily look through the Linux code and also alter it as they wish.

Yep I know that its an Open Source but that doesnt really mean much to me since Im not a programmer. Dang

Cheerios said:
Yep I know that its an Open Source but that doesnt really mean much to me since Im not a programmer. Dang

But, should you want to be one that has knowledge of OS Development - Linux would be a good thing to use.

Back
Top Bottom