Logitech MX Revolution

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
I just bought a Logitech MX Revolution laser cordless mouse and it rocks! It has so many buttons and so much that you can customize it's unreal. It's so fast too, I had to slow down my mouse pointer a bit because I wansn't used to it...lol

It has 2 buttons that you use your thumb to press, as well as a side wheel that is a "document flip", move it up or down and press it to switch between open documents. The scroll wheel between the right click and left lick buttons is pretty cool because you press on it and it moves between frictionless rolling and the ratcheting for precision scrolling.

My favorite though is the one touch search function. All you have to do is highlight a word and press the button behind the top scroll wheel and it automatically searches the word in google or whatever search engine you choose.

It's pretty awesome, I've wanted a cordless mouse for some time now and this one is great.

Oh and it's rechargable too, comes with a base you set it on to recharge it. Thats a definite plus, you don't have to buy batteries for it. And with a $30 rebate from Staples, it was a great price too.

Glad you like it man, a good mouse makes a big difference. I use a logitech cordless trackball, i love it. I hate it when im doing a repair and they use a normal mouse tho, coz im so used to mine :)

Raffaz said:
Glad you like it man, a good mouse makes a big difference. I use a logitech cordless trackball, i love it. I hate it when im doing a repair and they use a normal mouse tho, coz im so used to mine :)
Yeah, I've never used a trackball before, but I hear it's good if you don't have a lot of desk space.

Just when I took my hand off the mouse just now to type this, the little led's on the mouse faded out like it went into standby mode, then I moved it and they lit back up, thats a pretty cool battery saving feature. It does it after like 10 seconds of non-use.

Sounds nice man. I love the trackball, i hate it when you use a mouse and you run out of space and have to move the mouse across the desk to carry on :)

Nice! The only thing I don't like is the scroll wheel. It feels too heavy for casual spinning. Also, it takes a bit of effort to get it spinning fast. It's not anything hard to do, but I guess your finger isn't really used to it.

alvino said:
Nice! The only thing I don't like is the scroll wheel. It feels too heavy for casual spinning. Also, it takes a bit of effort to get it spinning fast. It's not anything hard to do, but I guess your finger isn't really used to it.
All you do then is push on it and go to frictionless scrolling and you can spin it like crazy, it even adjusts the speed based on the length of the document.

Tommy Boy said:
All you do then is push on it and go to frictionless scrolling and you can spin it like crazy, it even adjusts the speed based on the length of the document.

Yeah, it just feels weird at first.

alvino said:
Yeah, it just feels weird at first.
Yeah, I've been trying it out but I just keep switching back to the good old ratcheting scroll wheel I'm used to.

Back
Top Bottom