LG Combo drive: Blu-Ray and HD DVD

Too bad they cost so damn much. Becides, HVD's will be mostly for archiving and backups. Even High-Definition media doesn't take up that much space.

I personally like High def DVD better because it's not as crippled with DRM as blu-ray is. They've already bypassed the HD-DVD stuff so you can make copies for yourself unlike blu-ray.

Both have DRM. It's called HDCP.

I just like HD-DVD because it's more practical and the price isn't as expensive. Blu-Ray is good for backups and archiving, but lets be honest...HD media doesn't take up THAT much space. HD-DVD is perfectly capable of carrying high-definition movies.

Heh, I think I have those old 680k 5 1/4" floppies. No drives, but I think the big floppy.

3.9TB of storage...that's insane, but I think they're like $600 a disc.

Anyways, if I buy one, I'll fill it no problem. I'll just copy everything off the net...Maybe 100 HVDs.
Sites: 230 • Trackers: 15989 • Online Torrents: 468085 • Files: 9.42 mil • Size: 311.64 TB • Peers: 33.29 mil

Lol,

"downloading - Entire Internet"

1.2MB of 19484284.7 TB

Anywhoo.. all these huge discs will be used for backup purposes..

amagine how many shows/movies one can fit onto one of those puppies !! that is a crap load of space but in all reality that is wicked expensive for that freakin disc. next will be some sort of hologram image storage device...:p

borat_sagdiyev said:
whats beyond the yottabyte?

I don't even think there's anything beyond that as of yet. a yottabyte is far far beyond a terabyte which we're just now reaching in storage terms, imagine the possibilities of a 1YB hard drive! :D

Back
Top Bottom