Let's talk weapons

BikerEcho

Fully Optimized
I know some of you are very much into weapons.
I was going to respond to an old thread about weapons, but i wasn't able to because it was old.

Anyway. So what do you have in your collection?
I personally aren't a fan of guns (other than in games) so i stick to my melee weapons.
I have always had a fascination for sharp shiny things... that made me sound weird.
I have just started a collection myself. This is what i got so far.

This is an old knive that my grandfather gave to me... unfortunately i broke off the tip. So i grindet it down and give it a bowie look. I need to work a little more on it. And yes, it's a real goats foot.

This is a very oversized Karambit. But that's what i like about it.

Look at those lines i gave it. Looks nice, eh.

The white Katana is made of 1045 carbon steel. So it's a cheaper steel. It's my beater. That's the one i use when i want to cut things apart. Still looks good after i have it some a new white warping, white sheet and a bit of polishing.
The gold one is a little better. It's 1060 steel and folded. I bought it used at a very good price because it wasn't very pretty to look it. It actually used to be green. So i changed every single thing on it. Looks much better now :)
They are both sharp as all hell, but i am still not completely satisfied with them.
My next purchase is gonna be a high quality Katana.

Last edited:
Re: Let's talk weapons :cool:

This is a bull fighting sword. It's used to stap the bull. Mainly when it charges. That's why it has that curve. When a bull runs into the sword it forces the blade down trough it's organs. Violent i know. It's quite old. Don't know exactly how old, but more than 60 years.

Properly my favorite knive. Huge and heavy. Perfect for cracking skulls. It's 50-70 years old and have been used by a solder in Nepal throughout his military training. That's why it looks a little beat up.

And this is my bow. :)

Last edited:
Uh, wow. I have a toy light-sabre from when I was small if that counts...

I got one of those too! Only it was a Christmas gift from my fiance this past year :cool:

If I get a chance this weekend between work trips I can upload some shots of my collection (primarily pistols). I'm pretty much the opposite of Biker... I've been in enough up-close and personal fights where I just don't want being that close to be my first defense option (first real option is always avoid).

My collection is purely for collecting. Not self defense. The murder rate is very low here anyway.
Ofcause, if it happens that some idiot walks in uninvited and start being threatening for whatever reason, i'll grab my Katana.

I am looking forward to see what you got.

Last edited:
I got one of those too! Only it was a Christmas gift from my fiance this past year :cool:

If I get a chance this weekend between work trips I can upload some shots of my collection (primarily pistols). I'm pretty much the opposite of Biker... I've been in enough up-close and personal fights where I just don't want being that close to be my first defense option (first real option is always avoid).

Eek, if there's ever an invasion I want to stick close to you guys :lol:

In the UK, if somebody breaks into your home and you keep a knife next to your bed, if you pick up the knife to confront the burglar, you actually leave yourself open to be prosecuted... the reason being, it was clear that your intention was to cause harm with the knife, pre-meditated. Bit of a stupid rule really, so I tend to keep a massive metal torch next to where I sleep so I can say the primary purpose was to provide light :D

Eek, if there's ever an invasion I want to stick close to you guys :lol:

In the UK, if somebody breaks into your home and you keep a knife next to your bed, if you pick up the knife to confront the burglar, you actually leave yourself open to be prosecuted... the reason being, it was clear that your intention was to cause harm with the knife, pre-meditated. Bit of a stupid rule really, so I tend to keep a massive metal torch next to where I sleep so I can say the primary purpose was to provide light :D

Not to derail the thread, you can anyone who wants to talk about it can make a new thread or PM me but most states here in the US have adapted a very "English" things castle doctrine. Our home is our "castle" and if you break in you're assumed to be a threat and we can do anything required to make you not a threat and assuming you don't put extra rounds into them or stab them extra times "just to be sure" you're safe from prosecution.

I don't have any weapons, I have a few knives but consider them tools. I own a gun but never think of it as a weapon since it's a replica of an 1862 Colt cap and ball pistol. I have it more as a conversation piece than anything else. It's a fully functional gun, I just never bothered buying all the paraphernalia required to load and shoot it.

As far as the need to protect myself and my family from an intruder into my "castle", the odds of that happening are very low so I don't worry about it. I'm 63 years old and I have never had an intruder nor have I ever met anyone that has had their house broken into while they are home. The overwhelming majority of thieves don't want to confront you so they break in when you're not home. That's not to say it doesn't happen, it's just that, here in the US, it's not that common of an occurrence (unless you live in a particularly high crime rate neighborhood).

Buying guns for home protection should only be something for people living in a ghetto.
Statistically speaking you are more likely to shoot someone you wound't have shoot than an intruder.
Ether on accident or shooting someone who looked like an intruder, but in reality was your daughters boyfriend sneaking in late at night.

Would like to see a picture of that gun of yours Strollin

Back
Top Bottom