Kodak Picture Maker

Computer Head

Fully Optimized
I work at Wal-Mart as an electronics associate, and today my assistant manager (boss) told me to work on trying to fix the Kodak Picture Maker. I was a bit skeptical until I realized that it is just a big fancy Windows 2000 computer with a few extras. It had special software, though, so you couldn't tell that it was a Windows computer. Everything was USB, including media readers, printers, the scanner, and even the touch-screen interface. The problem is that the USB part of the motherboard is damaged, so the touch-screen, media readers, printers, and scanner don't work. So what good is the machine? But Kodak is supposedly sending us a new motherboard and something tells me that I will be putting it in. I don't mind, but I can never stay in my own department, selling the computers. :D TBH, I enjoyed myself today sitting in front of a computer instead of on my feet for 8 hours. I had an excuse to not helping customers and everything. :D So what do you think of the advances and dominence of Windows in anything technological? Even our little kiosks are Windows. Our WYSE terminals. Our servers. Our workstations that have an exclusive interface have Windows running in the background. Wal-Mart designs every piece of software for the company, except the operating system, and that is where Windows comes in.

Well its prolly a lot cheaper for kodak to just use standard equipment running windows then have to employ a programer to program the whole thing . it also makes it easier when nit comes to repairs like this

Back
Top Bottom