kids that think they're hackers piss me off

microsoft didn't steal the idea of the mouse they stop the GUI user system type OS commonly referred to as WIMP, which is mostly charecterised by the use of a pointing device.

I know what you mean, it is annoying when people think that they know lots about computers, or they think that they are teh 1337 cause they can download a program...

I don't think anybody is entirely that 'leet' with computers...

so far as putting together the best computer, well it's like I say to people who ask me how to build PC's
computers are a lot like lego, they just slot together, except each part only fits one way in one place.

technically i have "hacked" in to get the internet/network on my laptop at school, but i need it, printing off my laptop has been a life saver :) i dont think im "cooler" than anyone else for doing it.
you will always get little kids that think they know it all.

so today i was sitting in french class, and the teacher was talking about "does microsoft release viruses so people buy their antivirus product". then all these kids start talking about viruses and say like "oooh i know how to hack msn" or "i know how to send a virus to people to get their msn password" "i'm 1337 because i have a mac"

LOL! Too funny.

"i can hack the school computers and unblock the internet"

I actually know how to do that, and I don't even have to hack the servers. Why hack when you can just walk around them? Of course, I'm not a big enough fool to be doing that. I got two computer classes and losing computer privileges would cripple me.

then i finally had to say something so i said "first of all, microsoft wouldnt send a virus to people because the people might buy other companies' products and loose money because of that, and second, microsofts antivirus is shit"

A-MEN!

then they started talking about how "bill gates stole the idea of a mouse"

WTF??? MICROSOFT DOESNT EVEN MAKE HARDWARE....

Actually, they do.

What dicks... I have people in my school that do the same thing; I invite them to the computer lab to have them prove their skills -- Normally a huge failure, and I remotely shut them down (Not very hard...)
"OMG STOP HACKIGN MY COMPUTER U HACKER!!!!1"

i had to smack a kid b4 he would listen to me. he kept saying that he could hack his dsl modem for extra sped and i really was doubtful.
That's possible. It's called uncapping your modem. It's highly illegal though, you will get caught sooner or later, lose your internet service, and possibly have charges pressed against you by your ISP.

^ sounds like a severe punishment for a bit of "modem over-clocking" for want of a better term lol

^ sounds like a severe punishment for a bit of "modem over-clocking" for want of a better term lol
Think of it this way. They want you to upgrade your internet to a faster service. They would make about an extra $20 a month off this. Even after one year, that's an extra $240 they would've made after doing basically nothing.

Also because of the way cable internet and DSL is setup, when you do that, you suck up your neighbor's internet speeds.

They monitor your bandwidth usage very closely, believe me. Also, when they start getting complaints from your neighbors about their internet going extremely slow, they'll know something's up.

Back
Top Bottom