just a question...

pc trade post

Daemon Poster
alright, as most of you know, most kids say " what is the point of school? when will i use this in life?" and most adults say "dont worry, you will use it. you know, i wish i payed more attention in school......" alright, so my question to those of you who have been done with high school for a while. how many times have you honetly used much of the information from school in real life? people i know say they dont use it much, but some say they do use it. just wanna know what you guys think.

Im only 15, but ill post anyways..

Really, all school does is teach you thinking/orginization skills. Take math, odds are good you wont use it. But with the complex fomulas, it teaches you to organize your thoughts.

Just an example, and my view on school.

Very important. I had the same thought as you too. Why this and why that. Trust me, now that I've gone through university classes and working, you do use a lot of what you learn througout your education for the next level of study. Some studies are useless if you don't plan on going into that particular field, but it does encourage a broader way of thinking (creative thinking and skills assessment). Plus, you need a good college education to get a good job. There are other ways, if you get lucky. Some people graduate after high school and get good jobs with sales companies making more than 60 grand a year!!!

I've used pretty much nothing more than basic math and English in real life (by that I mean anything outside of university). But you do you want to pay attention in school because the career you choose will probably depend on your highschool education. I attend University as a Computer Science major and I am using grade 12 math every single day. I have used things I've learned from Social studies, english, and several sciences so far. If you aren't planning on a career in any sort of professional field then you can probably get away with a junior high level of education (of course most employers do ask for a diploma despite that).

Its always blooming useful :D If not the actual learning, the experience you get from School, the friends, everything about school is extremely useful in later life even though I've only not been in school for like... a year. I've come to realise how useful it was indeed!

Well, to me school teaches you many thing you will need to know later in life, all depending on what you do later in life. Here in philly they make you take 2 yrs of another language which is BS I have to takes spanish. Which I hate, I get like 70-79 on all my tests. Really do I need to know spanish

Back in my younger days i would of said what do i need school for.. but now school is very important to teach you life skills as well as give you the tools you need to get a job, you pretty much need a high school education to flip burgers now.

Plus you'll notice that all the lunatics that pull guns at school aren't really good students, so if your a good student there's less of a chance you'll become some gun toteing lunatic.

Back
Top Bottom