Just installed Linux

Istonian

Daemon Poster
Windows crashed this afternoon and I had earlier made a Ubuntu cd for my friend. I just installed Ubuntu and I love it.

good for you! If you need any help just ask. (though I don't know too much, but someone will :p)

Congrats. linux is really cool to play around on untill it lacks support for something you need! thats my experience anyway

David Lindon said:
Congrats. linux is really cool to play around on untill it lacks support for something you need! thats my experience anyway
thats the main reason ive never tried it. half my stuff probs wont work and its just un needed hassle when windows does me fine.

Yeah, I completely agree with David and dude.

It's hard to get a lot of drivers, and the programs I'm used to on Windows aren't supported in Linux or are very different.

I have got most of my stuff. I am playing around with wine, but can;t get anything to work with it.

the only thing missing from linux that I need is games. And maybe some other smaller stuff, but overall it has almost everything I need. Ohh and drivers? Since when did you actually need drivers with linux?

mammikoura said:
the only thing missing from linux that I need is games. And maybe some other smaller stuff, but overall it has almost everything I need. Ohh and drivers? Since when did you actually need drivers with linux?
My printer never worked and neither did my wireless USB adapter, that was the biggest thing.

Back
Top Bottom