Just got Verizon FIOS!!!

Man, your internet costs $10 less than mine, and I get 800kbs down, and about 600kbs up. Sprint mobile broadband, but once they upgrade to wimax, and evdo Rev B, I will pass a lot of people up.
You are really lucky tho, I wish we had even cable out here. maybe in 5 years, if the subdivision goes in a mile down the road.

my net is awesome
and version suxs out here on long island
all my friends are constantly have conectivity problems
dropped service
i got optimum online
best internet ever
i pay 25bucks a month for 2mb download(forgot the upload) then 25 bucks for phone with unlimited calling to all of norther America
and 25 bucks for cable plus like 10 bucks more for all these extra movie channels

This thing is fast. Much faster than my cable internet I had before. Check out these blistering speeds!!

76168807ez9.jpg

I mean, I downloaded a 10MB file in less than 5 seconds, lol. Can you imagine if I were to get movies?!? Then again, the weakest link is the slowest network on the other end. We just got the FIOS upgrade today. The crew from Verizon was working outside for nearly 4 hours before it was ready to go. We were all very impressed by the instant boost in speed. It was at least 5x faster than our previous network!!! I've run series of tests and some even showed near T2 speeds but definitely smoked a T1 connection.
I hate you..... :D

You have FIOS too? I think we're the only two people on here that have this new service. We have a lot of people in this household that use the Internet, especially when it comes to downloading stuff so this is nice to have. I can't imagine the thought of using dial up, let alone DSL, lol.

I have COX's medium sevice, which equals 5MB download and 1.5MB upload. It's not bad but i've used a similar speed to FIOS and it's flaming fast.

Cox is cable right? Imagine downloading 3x faster for the same price. Man, it's awesome. When I use to be downloading tons of stuff, I couldn't browse the Internet because everything's allocated to those downloads. Now it seems like I can do both now which is what I'm doing right now. Have four huge files being downloaded now and surfing at the same time. I was laughing when I was downloading Apple Quicktime last night. Man, that sucker moved. The green bar was zipping across like it was installing an appilcation instead of downloading one!!!

Upload seems to always be the same everywhere. Slow.

lol. Yes Cox is cable. It is fast, but FIOS is much faster. Hopefully they will offer it in my area soon and I could convince my parents to buy it :D

Back
Top Bottom