Just bought a new 250gb 7200.10 HDD!!

Off ebay for $38 shipped!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290230241136&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019

Double what I currently have. It's faster, but I really dont want to put a fresh install on it... Cause that would involve reinstalling all my programs... I will just start installing new programs on it instead now I guess.

You can just image your old drive over to the new one. Simple, no reinstall needed.

Thats a great hard drive, I had the 500gb version in my old desktop machine.

The 500GB ones are not the same version. The 250GB drives are much thinner due to the lower amount of platters.

Oh thats a good idea! the only thing is, I have my current one partitioned into 2 parts, so how would I go about doing that? Copying just part of it I mean.

The 500GB ones are not the same version. The 250GB drives are much thinner due to the lower amount of platters.
Yeah I know, I meant it's the same in that it was a 7200.10 sata2 and had the perpendicular recording, meaning it was the same generation. I didn't know that they were thinner though.

superman, download ghost 2003 and make a ghost of your current drive onto your new drive, it makes a carbon copy of your current drive ;) its what we use at work, its an AMAZING program...

EDIT: just realized that chris beat me to it :)

Back
Top Bottom