IT job before certification

Jmeyer1022

Beta member
Hello, how's it going? It's my first time posting here so I'll give some information. My name is Josh and I'm 18. Instead of going off to school(college) after high school I decided I wanted to learn strictly what I wanted to do. Computers have always interested me so that's what I chose. Instead of going for a Bachelor's in computer science. I talked to one of my friend's dads. He told me he went down the certification route instead because he had the same feelings as me after high school. After talking to him he told me to start with A+ certifcation to "get my foot in the door". I picked up a book on it and I thought I knew a fair amount about computers, the book has told me otherwise. Granted I knew a lot, but far from what I'm suppose to know. Anyways on to my question. I'd like a computer job before I get certified just to gain more knowledge, sort of like an apprenticeship like a plumber would do. Granted I don't want to be an IT technician(I want to get into networking). How would I go about getting a job pre-certification, most places ask that you have experience/and or/are certified. Any input would help a lot. Thanks in advance guys.

Back
Top Bottom