Java

jon the noob

In Runtime
noone .. NOONE is posting in the real computer forums man , like 3 days since the last post there.. i just need a quick definitive answer and ill delete this

So i just started learning java using one of my brothers old dummies books

This book is OLD.. Java is only at version 1.1 in it. Is java the same for programming or has it been completely revamped? Should i get a new book with version 5(?) in it, or use this one! Help!

patience is a virtue, we all have to wait, i think you've just managed to post at a time lots of people are having lunch/dinner

edit: i just had a look at the post you made in the programming sections, and someone did reply:

So i just started learning java using one of my brothers old dummies books

This book is OLD.. Java is only at version 1.1 in it. Is java the same for programming or has it been completely revamped? Should i get a new book with version 6(?) in it, or use this one! Help!

i would recommend getting new book, but you can buy that book second hand, and JAVA is a fun lang, i personally like it but i haven't used it in a while im starting to finish off a matching game program,

so i dont know what else it is you want?

well im defiantly no expert, in fact i know next to nothing about java but i would have said it would be a bit more sensible to just learn the newest version :)

yea, a 1.1 book for .2 is no prob, but 1.1 for 5.x is probably gonna have some major differences. I have an autocad 14 book, and autocad 2000 (my grandpa got the from his work for free). 14 is only 2 versions before 2000 and 1/2 the stuff in it has changed.

Back
Top Bottom