Jaguar XKR-S / Subaru Impreza WRX STI?

You said you wanted to know what the best was for pure power?
Jag: 420hp
sti: 296hp

I think the answer is pretty clear which one has more power.

Now in terms of handling, I'd take the AWD STI for sure. But, you didn't ask about handling.

In terms of the translation from bhp to speed you'd need to know the weight of the car, equally as important as the bhp in those terms. I prefer the jag btw.

sti, but not one with a really big spoiler that sticks up over the roof...i just hate that

ok in a race, the jag would probably win in a long circuit race, but if we did a drag race...the STI would OWN the jag. Think, the jag is front wheel drive correct? therefore it floors the shit out of engine, but there will be a loss of acceleration cause it'll drift or burn out slighty.
A wrx STI....can rev the engine to redline....pop the clutch....and DAM that thing will only shoot off without any lose...trust me...4 wheel drive makes a MASSIVE difference.

I dare someone to take me with that....heck, i'll race anything even after a nice solid winter snow fall.

The Jaguar is RWD. If you rev an AWD car to redline and drop the clutch your asking for trouble. That's not how you are supposed to launch an AWD car.

I dare you to re-size your pictures.

The Jaguar is RWD. If you rev an AWD car to redline and drop the clutch your asking for trouble. That's not how you are supposed to launch an AWD car.

I dare you to re-size your pictures.

ok i re-sized the pictures :)...just for you Cabbs :D

As for the awd, i know you can do damage if you did that all the time. I think if you poped the clutch once in a blue moon i don't believe you would kill your transmission. But none the less, an awd vehicle would have the advantage at take off.

I didn't know Jags were rw drive...there would be a lot of fish tailing in the snow for that bad boy :p

They're different cars, but if I had the money for either it would be the Jaguar XK-RS for me. I can admire the grip and traction that AWD offers, but RWD is far more fun and Jaguars are just classic.

Of course, if all you play is Need for Speed then I can understand why the poll would be so lopsided.

You said you wanted to know what the best was for pure power?
Jag: 420hp
sti: 296hp

I think the answer is pretty clear which one has more power.

Now in terms of handling, I'd take the AWD STI for sure. But, you didn't ask about handling.

Excellent point.

Subarus are ok but have a chavy image. Jags are pure class and originally british :)

Back
Top Bottom