I've been wondering for several months

lhuser

Golden Master
Why does old thread gets locked when a person answers them. Just because it's old, doesn't mean you can't post anymore...see my point?

Also, some people may have other unrevealed opinions too...could help the person if it's still not solved

Dunno, I guess it just either stirs up bad memories or it just annoys everyone :p

but then why not prune the posts and clean the database a bit?

(Woot 200'th post!!)

Chris

If you delete threads, you delete the posts associated with the thread. That means people's post counts go down, and nobody wants that.

No it doesn't...the amount of posts stay the same, even if that thread is locked. So if you posted 10 times in a certain thread, and if it gets locked, you still have that 10 posts in your post counter.

alvino said:
No it doesn't...the amount of posts stay the same, even if that thread is locked. So if you posted 10 times in a certain thread, and if it gets locked, you still have that 10 posts in your post counter.

The amount of post stay the same of u lock a thread but spank_fusion was talking about deleting the thread. Also old threads locked or not locked can be a source of info for ppl. Atleast everytime I have a problem I go to search first if I have time.

Back
Top Bottom