It's amazing...

winslow33

Daemon Poster
First off, sorry if this belongs in general hardware, but since I'm not looking for help I put it here.

My friend calls me up this morning and says "Hey come over and check out my new computer!" I get there, the case it shattered and bent, most of the cables are ripped out, it's running Windows 98, 400 mhz processor, 64MB of PC 100 RAM, and wouldnt even start.

He said if I could fix it he'd give me $100 cash (he got it for free).

6 hours and $40 later, I got it running Windows XP nice and fast with 526MB or RAM. I was amazed it actually works, as the hard drive is slightly bent and the motherboard has a large crack in it. Paid $30 for the 526MB of RAM from a techie guy here in town, he threw in a new case for free, picked up a $10 laser USB mouse, and a 67 cent old style PC/AT style keyboard because it had no PS/2 slots.

By dinner time I walked out of that house with $100 cash in my wallet. :p

Its amazing how tough computers really are.

my friend is a moron, lol but i can prove its true, im going over later ill get pics of the case

Thats pretty cool. I still boot up my old 286 for fun occasionally.

I think your friend's computer would destroy it.

And I have an old Pentium rig that gets one fps in crysis. (yes I got it to run crysis.) :p

It actually is good for web browsing, etc. and runs pretty fast.

I've heard of people running windows XP on some pretty pathetic computer specs with nearly every feature turned off but it still isn't "nice and fast" by any means.

Back
Top Bottom