iPhone 3G/3GS/4 owners

foothead

Omnicide now.
Anyone with a 3G equipped iphone, is there an option to disable the 3G network? I need a new phone, and have an EDGE only data plan that I would like to keep.

Also, how accurate is the GPS receiver?

Just go ahead and buy it with its current plan. The plan itself isn't anymore expensive than the plan included with the first generation iPhone.

Just go ahead and buy it with its current plan. The plan itself isn't anymore expensive than the plan included with the first generation iPhone.

Sure, if I want to be restricted to 200 MB It would cost the same. Thing is that I stream live tv to my phone, and 200 .MB at 3G speeds wouldn't get me very far.

There is an option for it under General>Network

Thanks. That's what I needed to know.

I am probably going to get a 16GB 3G. I really don't need to multitask anything beyond internet radio, so it should be fine. I would just get another edge model but I want a GPS.

Foothead,

Regardless if you leave 3G enabled or disabled the network will still identify the iPhone 3G by the IMEI number. You might get away with it for a short time but eventually you'll get a text prompting you to switch over to the correct package.

I've got a 16GB white iPhone 3G that I'm looking to get rid of. Just haven't bothered putting it on eBay yet. It's running 3.1.3 Jailbroke & Unlocked if you're interested. Looking to get $175

iPhonetop.jpg

iPhonePicture.jpg

Picturedifference.jpg

My friend tried the same with his old iphone plan, and almost exactly a month in, he received the text telling him he had to switch to the required 3G plan.

AT&T has gone to rediculous lengths to defend their network from high-usage customers.

Wow, what difference does it make to att if I use the plan on a different phone? I would be using the exact same amount of bandwidth' and I would still be restricted to EDGE.

Is there any way to still get an unlimited 3G plan?

Back
Top Bottom