Hmmm... don't know whether I come into this category but hey!
Name - Robert Playford
Age - 17
Company - Not legally
Job Title - Imperator
1. What are important features to look for in a computer?
Processor; Hard Drive. The rest is useful; and other important things change when buying and why I'm buying. ie. When I brought my main computer I specifically wanted 64-bits and a DVD-RAM Drive. but when I brought a crap thing to do up; only the Processor and Hard Drive were needed.
2. Is being broadband capable a necessity for a computer these days?
I'd say so - the ability to download programs, music, and video is very handy - and a huge deal of sites are only pleasantly viewable on Broadband now anyway.
3. RAM, Hard Drives, Processors, what are these things and how important are they to a computer?
Processor is the Unit which Processes and is important to the Computer because thats what does the stuff. Hard Drive saves the stuff, RAM holds the stuff while its needed so it doesn't have to come straight for the Hard Drive.
4. Look at this website, http://www.hip-e.com
. What is your opinion on this machine?
Its not really that good; it seems you're paying for the Shell instead of the Computer. I know it seems to class as a Laptop; which is more expensive anyway but there isn't that much in there that you couldn't get with another PC from somewhere else for less. The Graphics could do with a serious upgrade for a computer that looks so good (going from the $1699 version), Hard Drive is enough, Processor is enough I suppose but seems like a lot for it. RAM is reasonably ok.
5. What is the PC lacking?
6. What do you like specifically about it?
Not much; the nice Monitor perhaps.
7. They seem to put a lot of emphasis on how it looks, how important is that really?
To me? Not really.
8. If they had a PC like this when you were a teenager, would it be something you’d desire?
I am; and no.
9. What do you think makes it so appealing to teenagers?
I have no idea. Maybe its the size.