Internet Speed Test Time!!

And I have one of the best residential Internet connections available in Canada

I redid my speed test and chose a different server. Due to my ISP being absolutely f*cking retarded, my ISP routes all it's traffic through Chicago, IL, so even if I connect to a neighbours computer on a different ISP, that traffic goes into a whole different country to reach them

And I have one of the best residential Internet connections available in Canada

lol I am Canadian and I get an awesome connection, almost 25Mbps baby...I find that Shaw Cable is one of the fastest out there and I only pay $29.99 a month

why is mine so low but our bill is so high haha

isnt it abnormal to have upload speed faster then download too wtf.

Isnt Comcast more of an Neighborhood type of thing? Where if your whole Neighborhood started to DL, then you wouldnt go fast, but if no one was DL, then you would go the full speed of what you paid for. I always find it annoying DL things from my friends house with cable, my speed goes up and down and randomly. When it goes fast, I'm like YAY! but when it goes slow, I'm like WTF?

Isnt Comcast more of an Neighborhood type of thing? Where if your whole Neighborhood started to DL, then you wouldnt go fast, but if no one was DL, then you would go the full speed of what you paid for. I always find it annoying DL things from my friends house with cable, my speed goes up and down and randomly. When it goes fast, I'm like YAY! but when it goes slow, I'm like WTF?

I think a lot of them are like that.. Unless you order a private line.

DSL speeds are affected by distance from you to the data centers.......

Cable speeds are affected by the number of users on in one particular area at the same time.

BTW I would love to see someone with an SDSL connection do a speed test....SDSL is awesome but very rare.

All cable is "neighbourhood" based. Theirs a single line that supports 38Mbps of bandwidth that's shared between multiple houses.

lol I am Canadian and I get an awesome connection, almost 25Mbps baby...I find that Shaw Cable is one of the fastest out there and I only pay $29.99 a month

Shaw cable isn't available to nearly all Canadians, it would only be available to 1/6th? Half or more of Canada is stuck with Bell owned DSL or Rogers cable, which are both evil and horrid.

When I say Comcast, I usually refer to cable to0. I guess since Comcast is the only cable provider I hear all the time, I associate Comcast with cable.

Back
Top Bottom