improve the ipad

im not against the ipad far from it
i just think a few things apple did are so stupid
and come on to include a sim card slot and a gps chip DOES NOT cost any where near 130 dollars!

Just get an Eee PC, put in a touch screen, and hackintosh it, then you have a MUCH more useful device with most of the features of the iPad.

Though if they made a keyboard with hinges that you clip to the bottom to make it into a laptop, that'd be really awesome.

You mean like:
accessories_20100127.jpg

?

Steve Jobs says that the ipad is better than a laptop and a smartphone. I disagree, he also says that netbooks aren't good at anything but frankly I know some netbooks especially those with ion graphics that can blow this thing out of the water at all the tasks he claims this thing is better at.
Here's a video from the keynote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ni8_oGghc

Steve Jobs says that the ipad is better than a laptop and a smartphone.
Why am I not surprised? I also disagree with the statement, and the one about netbooks not being good at anything. But he's not exactly going to play up the competition ;)

The no usb was a smart idea. Now it is called Bluetooth.NEW. Use it

I tired using the Bluetooth on my Macbook to my phone to transfer a couple pictures. My phone was literally sitting on the Macbook and it had trouble transferring the pictures. That was the day I tried and gave up on Bluetooth.

That being said, with the OS the iPad has, it really couldn't do much with USB devices as it is. If it had OSX on it then it could use USB correctly. That's my thoughts anyway.

What I mean is a keyboard that physically attaches to the bottom of the ipad to make it like a laptop.
Stupid question - but why not just get a touchscreen laptop?!

I just think it'd be a cool accessory for it.

It would be better if it physically attached because then you could close it like a laptop and have the screen protected and so you could use it in your lap like I do all the time with my netbook.

Back
Top Bottom