I'm going to kill Google's Gmail

Half Evil

Golden Master
God damn, this pisses me off to no end

http://www.gmail-is-too-creepy.com/

Google offers more storage for your email than other Internet service providers that we know about. The powerful searching encourages account holders to never delete anything. It's easier to just leave it in the inbox and let the powerful searching keep track of it. Google admits that deleted messages will remain on their system, and may be accessible internally at Google, for an indefinite period of time.

Ill have to finish reading, but damn that is irritating

Whoa...that's weird. Didn't read the whole thing, just skimmed it but...why do they want to keep people's e-mails???

I mean, I can see it being that way for something like the FBI or some such police force, because no one would be accessing my emails, but still, I can't help but feel my privacy is being invaded.

Hmm...I've got a feeling that the site is kinda amplifying the situation...I'm sure they don't like read through your e-mail or anything. And they probably only stay there for like a day or something....

Lol, you will actually find alot of deleted mail is kept for a while even after you delete it. Alot of messages do get deleted, but not straight away.. I did some work experience in NTL, I know this :)

They said:

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Google's policies are essentially no different than the policies of Microsoft, Yahoo, Alexa and Amazon.
So other companies do it too? :confused:[/font]

Not amplifying, but over reacting, I could see.

But, I see where they are coming from. Sure, google isn't going to look through your email. They wont be looking through it for fun or personal gain or whatever it may be, im sure there is legal reasoning behind that. Which I didnt finish reading because I got preoccupied by something else, lol. But anyways..

Just knowing that it doesnt delete when you tell it to is a bitch.

Yeah.. when you delete a mail, it will remain on the servers for a good while, if not forever!

Back
Top Bottom