Ideas form my computer!

Depending how old you GFX card is, you should be able to connect it to the tv using a cable from the back of the tv into your GFX card. I dont know about older cards though.

And about linux, depending how big the hard drive is, you could split it into 2 partitions and install Linux on 1 and Keep windows on the other. That way you get (quite possible) one of the best OS's (depending which version on Linux you choose) to mess around with, and you alos have Windows for your games

Just a though :D

If you had a small Harddrive and wanted to Dual boot Linux and Windows, I suggest you get Vector Linux ... 223MB download, and after a full install it only takes up 450MB maximum, and is simple as fuck to install.

Vector Linux

Rocker said:
If you had a small Harddrive and wanted to Dual boot Linux and Windows, I suggest you get Vector Linux ... 223MB download, and after a full install it only takes up 450MB maximum, and is simple as fuck to install.

Vector Linux

Or if you have a fair decent HD (bout 5-10 Gb or more) you could go for something like Red Hat or Mandrake.

I dont know which is better as i've never used Linux, but i plan to soon :)

Rocker said:
Well, you could always run Linux on it ... which is something different and BETTER than standard Windows systems .. it's free, you simply burn it onto a CD, and then boot it up on your comp ... Linux imformation here

Lol! Bit of a Plug there!

I don;t think i will get that cause i mostly play games and stuff .. Like counter-Strike

Well, at least someone has some sense!

Thanks for being such a help .. do oyu know n e thing bout hooking it up so the moniter in my TV?

You'd need a S-Video out compatable Television, or a Scart to S-Video out Adapter, but its just as easy as plugging a DVD Player in or something like that. Its possible you could plug the S-Video Plug into a DVD Player or a new Video Player and then connect the Scart?

Lord Kalthorn said:
Lol! Bit of a Plug there!

Well, at least someone has some sense!

Lord Kalthorn .... it was only a suggestion for him - especially since he didn't seem to be planning to conencting it to the net. I only thought he could experiment with it, without the risk of fucking his whole main computer up. Helping people is my job you know.

Anyways - I agree that he should Dual Boot - he can play his games, and enjoy the "Windows experience", but at the same time, be able to enjoy the "Linux experience" without having to switch comptuers all the time.
;)

Rocker said:
Lord Kalthorn .... it was only a suggestion for him - especially since he didn't seem to be planning to conencting it to the net. I only thought he could experiment with it, without the risk of fucking his whole main computer up. Helping people is my job you know.

Anyways - I agree that he should Dual Boot - he can play his games, and enjoy the "Windows experience", but at the same time, be able to enjoy the "Linux experience" without having to switch comptuers all the time.
;)

Yup, and then, if he decideds he doesn't like Linux, just delete the partition its installed on and he free's up space :)

Or he might decide he likes it better than Windows and gets rid of Windows. It all depends on personal preference

Linux is just there to experiment with. It's free, so you can download it at your own free will, try it, love it, hate it, because unlike Windows, it doesn't burn a hole in your pocket using it. Just like me - I have an oldish computer just with Linux on - I use it at my own free will. Its a shitpeice that isn't even worth £10, so why not? Play around with it, experiment, click on everything if it makes you happy.

Rocker said:

;)

Yeah! I was just being silly! It makes sense if he wants to try the idea out; and it is prenounced the 'Windows eXPerience'! :D

Good ideas! Just install it on a crap computer and test it! I should really get my crappy old Mac working - if only to have a look.

Back
Top Bottom