Ice Storm in Indiana

Istonian

Daemon Poster
A bad storm went through Indiana last night and there is tons of ice. The roads are absolutely horrible.

A lot of the city is without power. I am a lucky one who has power. Almost all of the schools are closed if not all.

We got the same storm north of Chicago. But we got snow. I like snow, hate ice. We have no school too, even though it was only supposed to be a halfday because of finals.

Our town was hit the hardest. 95% of the town's power was out. I was in the lucky 5%.:)

We got snow. On our highway, there was 56 slide off's in 1 hour. Shows how stupid and/or bad the roads are.

We got about 18" of snow here. Two feet in some areas...

Just to get an idea:

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

Someone is coming to plow our driveway later, but I shoveled the paths out too the workshed and back door and all that. That snow gets HEAVY after awhile,lol.

We got about 18" of snow here. Two feet in some areas...

Just to get an idea:

Someone is coming to plow our driveway later, but I shoveled the paths out too the workshed and back door and all that. That snow gets HEAVY after awhile,lol.
Send some this way!!!!!

Wish we got that much snow.. last year at this time we had 2-3 in. of solid ice on the ground. 60-70% of topeka was out of power, roofs were collapsing under the extra weight and the roads were impossible to drive on unless you had some sort of sand. Those few days made for some very late nights for me..

Back
Top Bottom