I want to share an experience

superman22x

Golden Master
I want to share an experience with you about drinking and driving.

As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the
authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years.

Well, I have done something about it. A couple of nights ago I was out for a
few drinks with some pals and had a few too many whiskeys as well as two
beers; but knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did
something I've never done before - I took a bus home.

I arrived back safely and without incident which was a real surprise, since
I had never driven a bus before and have no idea where I got this one.

Anyway, be safe tonight, and have a good new years!

Also, understand that story is a joke...

Hahah, I think that was made funnier by the fact I genuinely started off reading thinking you were being serious! Nice one :)

Adding to your night, I decided to stay home for the New Year and of course had to have a few drinks on Saturday night. Around 6:30 or so I was getting hungry, but had close to 8-9 beers and knew driving was probably a bad idea. I decided to walk down to grab some dinner form the local store, it was only about seven blocks, but figured if I drove I'd run into a DUI checkpoint.

I can tell you from experience that DUI's aren't cheap and they can mess up your life. +1 to you for hoping into a bus instead of driving :)

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;12087222 said:
Adding to your night, I decided to stay home for the New Year and of course had to have a few drinks on Saturday night. Around 6:30 or so I was getting hungry, but had close to 8-9 beers and knew driving was probably a bad idea. I decided to walk down to grab some dinner form the local store, it was only about seven blocks, but figured if I drove I'd run into a DUI checkpoint.

I can tell you from experience that DUI's aren't cheap and they can mess up your life. +1 to you for hoping into a bus instead of driving :)
Did you read the whole thing? Haha. Yes, they are expensive. Be smart and safe. Cops in my college town don't give tickets to partiers. They know it will happen. Their concern isn't stopping parties, but keeping people safe. If something gets out of hand, they will show up. And they patrol the streets for drunk drivers.

Anyway, here's another story for you all.
Down the road is a bar. A cop was waiting outside to catch drunk drivers. When the bar closed, everyone walked out to their cars. One man in particular stumbled and fell down a few times before finally making it to his car. Once he got into his car he fumbled with his keys and finally got the car started. Everyone else had already left at this point. This man finally pulled out and the cop was waiting for him. He administered the man a breathalyzer test in which he blew a 0.0%. The cop was amazed and asked how this was possible?
The man looked at the cop and said, "I'm the Designated Decoy tonight."

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;12087222 said:
+1 to you for hoping into a bus instead of driving :)

LOL now go back and read the post properly

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;12087362 said:
OMG.... Can you tell I was intoxicated when I left that message :lol:
"Is it hard to grade papers?"
"Nah, you just have to make it fun. Every-time I find a grammatical error, I take a shot. I'm trashed and I blame public schools!"

No problem. Not sure I would nick a bus to go home. Most like somebodies bike.

Just eat a damned big baked potato. That will absorb the alcohol and when the Boy Scouts make you do that silly test, you`ll pass it with a distinction.

Why these American police go through that circus act of a sobriety test I will never know. All the European police use a breathalyzer where you blow into a tube and the instrument records your alcohol level. Very scientific, instead of doing a Mardi-Gras at the road side, trying to imitate a ruptured penguin.

American police ? Come into the 21st Century.

We do breathalyzers too. If you refuse a breath test you loose your license for a year. But if you can pass a sobriety test, they won't always breathalyze you. You could get have blown a .085% and fail a breath test and pass a field test. If they didn't breathalyze you, it would save your entire career possibly, and the officers know that. Plus, either way, a field breath test is not admissible in court since it's not accurate enough.

Back
Top Bottom