I want opinions on my resume.....

hippie420

In Runtime
I am only 17, so don't expect a lot:

Job Objective: I want to innovate the Information Technology industry concerning networking, telecommunications, and system support.

Summary: I am currently pursuing my High School Diploma, Network+ and CCNA certification, and Networking Systems training. I am involved in the Skills USA organization as a reporter.

Skills and abilities:
* I strive to be the best I can be at all times.
* I have good writing, mathematics, and leadership skills.
* I am accustomed to physical labor.
* I am very creative, always trying to find a better solution to any problem.

Experience in the Field:
*I am experienced in Windows 9x, Windows NT, 2000, and XP.
*I work with DOS exclusively when troubleshooting.
*I have worked with the Powerpoint, I movie, and Excel business applications .
*I have installed the motherboard, hard drive, RAM, Video card, and other devices.
*I can replace toner, repair paper jams, and troubleshoot printers.
*I can install Cat 3, 4, 5, 5e, 6, cables.
*I can troubleshoot and repair minor network problems.

OHSA Career Safe Certified general safety course

Work Ethics:
* I will do almost anything to help my fellow peers.
* I always ask for detailed instructions before working.
* I ensure that I will act in a professional attitude at all times.
* I vow that I will avoid conflict at all costs.
* I am a team player, putting the team's needs before my own.
* I maintain a safe working environment.

This is my resume, comment as you will.

Addresses deleted for the safety of members & the security of this site.

hippie420 said:
*I am experienced in Windows 9x, Windows NT, 2000, and XP.
*I work with DOS exclusively when troubleshooting.
*I have worked with the Powerpoint, I movie, and Excel business applications .
*I have installed the motherboard, hard drive, RAM, Video card, and other devices.
*I can replace toner, repair paper jams, and troubleshoot printers.
*I can install Cat 3, 4, 5, 5e, 6, cables.
*I can troubleshoot and repair minor network problems.

DOS for troubleshooting?

"the Powerpoint, I movie". Lose the "the", and it's "iMovie".

"the motherboard" - saying stuff like that makes you sound like Borat.

TBH there's not a lot there that others can't do, and it's poorly written. You need to give a full reference of what you're like as a person, give a full academic history, and don't mention the Mary Jane :D

Looks alright, except I wouldn't have posted your address and phone number on a public forum.

Tommy Boy said:
Looks alright, except I wouldn't have posted your address and phone number on a public forum.

Agreed, its craziness printing all your personal information on the web, identity fraud, all that information can be used, by the less scrupled...

Would recommend a mod remove the data concerned ASAP

hippie420 said:
Damn, I swear that scammers should be shot....
Thank you for the advice everyone!
Just don't want to see anyone on CF get their identity stolen or some other bad stuff happen.

hippie420 said:
Skills and abilities:
* I strive to be the best I can be at all times. [take out the second be. you arent in the army. and it's a little redundant]
* I have good writing, mathematics, and leadership skills. [change good to excellent or something.. good is a third grade word]

Work Ethics:
* I will do almost anything to help my fellow peers. [fellow peers is also redundant. they wouldnt be your peers if they weren't fellow. maybe fellow coworkers or just peers.. although with just peers you might run into the problem of you are only 17 so they really arent your peers.]
* I ensure that I will act in a professional attitude at all times. [attitude to manner maybe? it's your choice. and perhaps change act to conduct myself]
* I vow that I will avoid conflict at all costs. [can you really promise that? conflicts happen. what if you said you will keep your composure in said conflicts...]

-emily

wood_workur said:
I would also put past events that support what you are saying about you worth ethic, or what you strive for.
Yeah. Boy Scouts, etc...you used to mow lawns, I don't know.

Also, either give them the phone number to some references, or get a letter of recommendation from someone. That always looks good.

Back
Top Bottom