I might be starting an online radio station soon, anyone else DJed online before?

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
I'm starting a station called TinCan radio some time in the summer and i want to know if any of you guys have DJed online before. It'll be a shoutcast server and i recommend SAM broadcaster as the software to use. You'll need legitimate copies of any songs you want to play (we'll be paying for the correct licensing) and a good idea of show structure, as well as the capacity to fill a regular spot. Perhaps a certain hour or two in the evening which you know you can get most of the time. You should let me know of any experience you've got (nothing amazing needed) and maybe a soundbite of you in action. Let me know if you're interested at all. Our target demographic will be teens to early twenties 15-23 and we'll be playing on air games, running competitions and perhaps doing podcasts.

Send any questions my way

Don't know what you've got in the usa. But my show will be stuff like the Killers, Kings Of Leon, U2, that kind of modern rock, as well as some older classics.

I did the whole Shoutcast broadcasting when I when in high school. It was fun. I noticed a lot of people came up to me in school and told me how much they like listening to all my heavy music because I advertised on all my myspace and personal websites. I'm not really interested in older classical music but I do like some older ACDC, Bruce Springsteen, Guns n Roses, Boston and all that if thats what you mean.
Do UK people even listen that? Or does the UK have like a totally different music world?

We've got all that. You just happen to have picked a load of my favourite bands. If you're up for it i'd happily give you a golden oldies type slot. Or a classic rock hour. However you wanna brand it. You got sam broadcaster? And are you interested?

I really don't have the time. But I can help broadcast some stuff if you want. I got a server setup that we can remote to back at my house. It can upload at about 200kb/sec. Then setup a website for advertisement and stuff lol.

Really good of you to offer mate, but i'm sorting all the server stuff out on my end. I was only looking for DJs. Do you know anyone who might want to do a show?

Not really mate, all me and my friends at this Airforce base work so much that we just want to enjoy things like fishing when we got our days off lol

Back
Top Bottom