I have something to say...

setishock

Wizard of Wires
Our helpers in here don't have to be here. They, like me, give of their free time to help people. When a member is rude to a helper we take great offence to that. In one thread a member was easy going to one helper but in another one the same member was very rude to another helper. In the end the member called the helper a name and refused to post what he had done to resolve his problem. Instead he stated if any one wanted to know what he did to fix it to e-mail him. I edited out the slur and the e-mail address.
That was just not good forum behavior. I won't tolerate it.
If you want our help then just excersize some good manners and give the helper as much information as they ask for. Giving advice is hard enough when you're sitting in front of the machine. But doing this over the internet is like trying to describe an elephant to a blind man.
We know when you have a problem you consider it to be the end of the world. You come here and you're in a panic. But simple manners will go a long way. Take a deep breath, calm down and tell us in as much detail as you can provide, what the problem is. Specs about your system are helpfull also. And please if it's something you did, don't be embarrest about it. We have all pushed the wrong key and were in your shoes at one time or another. We know what it feels like to be there.
So, give us a break. Let's work together to solve the problem...And share the knowledge.

EDIT(06/06/05 9:17am): And if you have nothing useful to say in a thread then please stay out of the thread. Pointless commentary does nothing but confuse the poster and irritate the helpers. And if that is your objective then be prepared to face the consiquences of your actions.

I saw that post. The way I look at it, if you post a plea for help but find the fix elsewhere, post it here as it will help someone else. Do not ask anyone with the same problem to email you for the fix. This is what help forums are all about...

Edit: On the other forum I frequent, I have a blacklist of offensive members. This forum has just got a member put on it.

Sometimes it is extremely hard for someone to admit to making a mistake. Me, I make them all the time. Not just in here but else where also.
Mine was responding to that post to begin with, but it by no means warranted the slur that was said of me. I and some others were asked to come here and help...in which case we obliged that request and in my humble oppinion have supplied information That either allowed the member the fix for his/her particular problem or at the least pointed them on to the track to finding a fix.
We have also supplied some technical observations and posted references to articles, updates and links to utillities that we have personally used and knew that they worked to prevent members from experiencing security issues and the likes. We also posted non technical articles to try to lighten the anxieties of having to go through the agonies of having your computer broken or infested or just not acting the way it should be.
In most cases you members that we have helped have either thanked us or provided us valuable information to solving other known issues and even supplied us with humorous anticdotes and jokes in return.
This is what makes a forum!
This open action and reaction between the members
in accordance to the rules as set by the forum.
Sometimes there comes along someone that just does not care for the rules or feels that they are above and beyond them, or feels so insecure about themselves that they must ridicule others.
While these people may provide a break from the ordinary...and in a sense a form of entertainment, they are the main cause for the distruction of a good forum.
These so called individuals cause threads to be closed, try to spam you and cheat you only to satisfy some perverted personal satisfaction. They get barred and then re-register with a different screen name just to continue their personal attack on all the members in here.
The mods work hard to keep this a safe and enjoyable forum but it takes you as members to keep it that way. This is your site. If you think that someone is abusing it report it and let the mods do their jobs.
As for the slur that was made. I said it for what it was...BOGUS ! For as I reread the thread, It became more obvious that that was what it was all about. There was just no reason for them to act that way and I suspect that all they were after was someones email....not mine but one of yours. For whatever reason...you can bet it was not good. When they got called on it was when they slurred me but yet again was only interested in solictating someone's email. Why not a PM ?
Anyway I thank setishock and wombat and alvino and jac006 for their support. And all the others that see this for what it was.

Yeah i have to agree w/that mate, but multi-account maker's beware, you are only allowed 1 account for this Forum. These are not my Rules but the Administrator of this site, and i will enforce 120%.

Back
Top Bottom