I have FEAR2.. but it won't install...

Kage

Golden Master
I skipped the expansions, purely because the original developer didn't make them, so I wasn't at all interested in following what they had to say.

Just recieved FEAR2 in the post :D Didn't expect it to come that quick, because I got a dispatch from Amazon only yesterday. Nice :cool:

EDIT:

Though on a completly unrelated note, is it possible that a monitor can get worse at displaying glancing angles, like from above over time? Because, I'm sure this monitor of mine was fine at all angles at one point, but last week, I got up from it, and looked down, and noticed how all the colours changed, yet, I don't remember seeing that happening before.

EDIT 2:

Can't seem to install it though. It seems to run off Steam, and the Steam servers are playing up. How nice...

Can't seem to find my account, and it says Steam is having problems connecting to the servers.

What would happen if Steam went forever? You wouldn't be able to play Steam games anymore...hmm...

EDIT 3:

Haha, after all that, I had Peer Guardian 2 running, blocking Valve :rolleyes:

But in the process of being confused, I deleted Steam using the installer, which also deleted all my Application files for Half Life 2, Bioshock, etc...:(

That sucks. Do you get a stuttering issue? Everyone including me seems to have problems, and there are no multiplayer server files yet.

Nope.
It freezes for less than a second when saving at checkpoints, but thats it, and I'll probably never play it online haha. I tend to buy these types of games for the single player alone.

How is F.E.A.R? Once my MBP sells and I get a nice gaming computer from Ron, I want to use left over money to get it... I loved the first one.

Its really good so far :)

The graphics aren't up to date, engine wise in my opinion, but it does offer some nice effects, and looks better than the first for sure.

I can run it at 1680x1050 which is my monitors res (though the game is a 16:9 game, probably because of TV's for the console versions but I don't notice the black bars), at full antialising (4x), and full Antistropic (Texture Filtering, 16x), with all settings set to Max.

I'd say it runs about the same as FEAR, frames per second wise.

I am going to beat extraction point before I get this I think. I know they don't relate to each other, but I heard it's good. I heard Persues Mandate wasn't very good, so unless I get stuck in a FEAR craze, I prolly won't play it.

Back
Top Bottom