I browsed the members list

I check in from time myself. :) I'm glad to see that the community is still alive, but I miss the old days where it was really thriving!

Tell me about it!

I came sometime in late 2011 asking about some RAM stuff (the sticks turned out to be malfunctioning) and then disappeared for a long time. I came back later to contribute instead of asking for help (and to fool around really :D ) and here I am now.

Tell me about it!

I came sometime in late 2011 asking about some RAM stuff (the sticks turned out to be malfunctioning) and then disappeared for a long time. I came back later to contribute instead of asking for help (and to fool around really :D ) and here I am now.

unfortunately. :D

Same, like we said before I think the forum model in general is something that's on it's way out. I blame Youtubers and Google for removing the need for a good ole tech forum/community :pcmad:

It's a sad, but true, assessment of things. But there's nothing easier than watching a YouTube guide on how to do something rather than post on a forum and wait for a reply. But YouTube is a place for total strangers, forums in general have a much more welcoming aura about them.

It's a sad, but true, assessment of things. But there's nothing easier than watching a YouTube guide on how to do something rather than post on a forum and wait for a reply. But YouTube is a place for total strangers, forums in general have a much more welcoming aura about them.
I'd much rather read about how to do something than watch a YouTube video. I can read much faster and can understand 100% of what I read whereas with YouTube I have to contend with the slow pace of the person doing the video plus try to understand what they're saying due to their accent and such.

In my work as a developer, I deal with a lot of people from India. Often I can't understand what they're saying when I talk to them in person or over the phone due to they're accent, even though they are speaking English. However, I have no trouble communicating with them via email.

I'd much rather read about how to do something than watch a YouTube video. I can read much faster and can understand 100% of what I read whereas with YouTube I have to contend with the slow pace of the person doing the video plus try to understand what they're saying due to their accent and such.

In my work as a developer, I deal with a lot of people from India. Often I can't understand what they're saying when I talk to them in person or over the phone due to they're accent, even though they are speaking English. However, I have no trouble communicating with them via email.

I have to agree to. If I'm looking for a solution to a problem or a how-to guide for something I'll always look for a website first before opting to look at a YouTube video. With a video you have to be watching and trying to complete the task at the same time whereas a guide you can just go back and forth without it going on without you.

Back
Top Bottom