I am ready...

I am. Have seen the landlords come here to rake up the leaves and they have to wear masks to do it. Only Elms! Thats why i have been getting sick every fall since i have been here. I am feeling it today! Where i can't reach i use Lysol. I also spray it on the cleaned areas to keep it from getting real bad. I have to clean the vents out twice a season. I was going to go up on the roof today but its going o get into the upper 90's so i am holding off till thursday. Supposed to be cooler this week. Hope so. I need a few cooler days and no rain like tonight and tomorrow. A rubber roof is no place to be when its wet!

I hear ya. At least the cold front is moving in. :thumb:

By the way, the gas situation is getting ridiculous.

Where's the hell is the gas?

However, I'm headed on a business trip to Indianapolis this week where the temps will be in the 70s with rain.

I was in Toronto this weekend for labor day, and was really surprised when i came back to find the weather here in Indianapolis was colder than it was in Canada! You might want to bring a jacket, it's starting to get cold here at night.

We are getting a bit of rain right now. Real light. Supposed to get this all night. Its hard to get info right now as National Weather Service, Weather Underground and even local stations here are down. No Radar at all!! NWS is working on the problem. Weather underground is showing me as not reporting but shows last update as 1 minute ago. Everything is all screwed up right now. I heard there was a Strong Thunderstorm warning here but never got the notification. What a day....

The winter is coming...

Yeah, here we only have summer and winter... and the winter is half summer :ermm:

Swimming? My swimming always involves victims. That's what I call the fish I catch.

I've got a co-worker from Houston who says his apartment was spared from flooding because it was on the 3rd floor, the 1st floor apartments weren't so lucky.

Another co-worker is in Miami and is currently trying to prepare for Irma. He says all the store shelves are bare because everyone cleaned out the stores in preparation.

Mother Nature can be a b*tch at times!

yep, it sure can be! Be careful and evacuate if they tell you to. A home is not worth a life. Homes can be rebuilt, Lifes cannot. Right now the Keys are on a mandatory evac. National Guard is evac the Hospitals in the keys. There are some counties that are evac the tourists. South counties are on alert. They are not sure if it will be a direct hit or off the coast. And that could change in the next few days. If this isn't bad enough Jose is right back behind Irma with Cat1 winds. Its 1500 miles behind Irma. It seems to be tracking the same. Nothing like a 1 2 punch.

I got up on the roof today and what a mess!! The tree limbs were getting into the a/c cover. The fan has been grinding up the leaves and smaller branches. They were all over the condenser and its over 1/2. Blocked up. I will fix one area of the roof where the bigger branch was rubbing the roof. Then I am going to try water as I don't have air compressor that would work for me. I will see what other damage there might be. I cut a lot of branches off of the roof. Hope I don't have to do this again for awhile! :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom