I <3 Peta

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
Idiocy just spiked to a new level.

http://olympicshame2010.com

What idiotic campaign is PETA going to come up with next?

This is just too good, and lol at maple syrup: Hit us where it's hard PETA.

The 2009 seal slaughter has ended, but PETA's campaign to stop the massacre permanently has just begun. It's clear that the Canadian seal slaughter is quickly losing favor and support: This year, about three-fourths of the seals who were scheduled to be bludgeoned or shot to death were spared.

Most people would agree that there is something terribly wrong with shooting and smashing in the skulls of baby seals, yet despite international outrage, the Canadian government allows sealers to beat and skin hundreds of thousands of these gentle creatures every year. So why is Canada killing seals?

The seal slaughter exists because of the overall demand for fur. During Canada's annual war on seals, sealers routinely hook live seals in the eye, cheek, or mouth to avoid damaging the fur, then they drag the seals across the ice. Many of these gentle creatures may not even have eaten their first solid meal or taken their first swim before they are slaughtered for their skin.

Whether it's clubbing baby seals, electrocuting minks on fur farms, or crushing foxes' chests in traps, the bloody fur trade is one of the most hideous industries on Earth.

While all eyes are on Canada as it prepares to host the 2010 Winter Olympics, kind people everywhere are calling on the Vancouver Olympic Organizing Committee to use its influence to help stop the slaughter. Please urge Canadian government officials and the Vancouver Olympic Committee to help end the seal slaughter immediately.

And there's even more that every individual can do to help seals. Boycott a product that is vital to Canada's economy: maple syrup. Canada produces approximately 85 percent of the world's maple syrup, with the U.S. as its largest consumer, and by buying this Canadian product, you are supporting Canadian cruelty. By pledging to boycott Canadian maple syrup, you'll be speaking up for baby seals in Canada for whom life isn't so sweet and telling Canada that you won't support its product until you can support its practices. Pledge to boycott Canadian maple syrup now!

Pledge to boycott Canadian maple syrup now!
What a joke. That's like saying we should probably boycott Chinese food as well, because it's obviously linked to communism.

Edit: After overlooking the website more thoroughly, it's just amazing how far they're willing to go with this campaign. I've always thought of PETA as a joke, but this puts the frosting on the cake.

i like seals... but that is just pathetic!!

surley if people are making maple syrup, they are earning a living out of that.. and therefore not out of the fur trade.. why take away those people's income, so they have to find an alternative means of earning a living.. mabye by doing that they would have no choice but to go clubbing seals!!

yeah.. makes sense..

I'm in 100% support of the seal hunt. The majority of them are shot anyway, NONE were clubbed on the coast where I grew up and baby seals aren't killed anyway. It's just as humane as any other hunt.

I am/was a city kid stuck in the country...not exactly into fishing and hunting (I've never killed anything...), but I grew up in a town where the seal hunt kept food on the table for most of the community, including me. Most people hunted their own food... turrs, seals, moose, whatever, and there were a few people in the town that were pretty vocal about their support of the hunt nationally. They did press conferences and w/e across the country and got spit on, beat up, death threats and a lottt more.

They were part of this pro-sealing event in downtown Toronto like 15 or 20 years ago, and well, the events that took place that day make me ashamed to say I'm Canadian, although I'm sure the US Humane Society and IFAW sent fruit baskets to everyone. :rolleyes:

It's hunting and people who have no idea condemn it. If it were poaching it wouldn't be allowed and Canada takes those laws very seriously (AFAIK) that prevent the illegal slaughter of animals. But hey, look at how we treat each other. If that doesn't change then neither will our respect towards animals.

I keep getting these popups on youtube vids that say 'save the sea kittens'
Apparently that is what they call fish, and they describe it as a 'genocide'

Pathetic.

Here is their reasoning.

Would people think twice about ordering fish sticks if they were called sea kitten sticks? Would sea kitten soufflé be a hot seller at the local seafood restaurant? Does fillet o' sea kitten sound even remotely appetizing? Learn more about the new campaign to save fish by changing their name.

EDIT: http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/

Good_year_for_PETA.jpg

You all know they to do this to garner publicity and attention, right? You know what they say, any publicity is still good publicity.

Back
Top Bottom