How much have you travelled in your country?

Brookfield

Golden Master
The other day, I sat down & listed all the cities, towns & villages I had visited in England, & was surprised to find that it totalled over one hundred & fifty, out of which the places I had I had actually stayed for at least four days, came to eighteen, over ten per cent of the total, now I know that in large countries, like the US etc, this would be peanuts, but I guess that I'm only talking about two hundred miles by approximately a hundred, how does that compare with other English members?, of course others can put their views, but mainly this is directed at my own countrymen [oops, & women]

Ive lived all over the UK, Id like to think that ive seen alot of the country. I love the unitied kingdom since its so small.

Ermm..well..

I live in *Manchester
My gran lives in *Scotland (Cladich, Oban)
My brother lives in *Glasgow (Scotland)
My uncle lives in *London
I have a friend in *Liverpool
Have another uncle in *Portsmouth

*All of those places above, I have stayed in for one week or more

That's about it, I have been to alot of other places, heck of alot, just not stayed there..

99nasha said:
Ive lived all over the UK, I'd like to think that ive seen a lot of the country. I love the united kingdom since its so small.
That's what I like about my beloved, beloved country, it's small, and it's beautiful, in my eyes there is nothing more glorious than the Engish, no, make that the UK, countyside & small market towns, even when it's pouring in rain or covered in snow, when that happens, I snuggle down in my home with a well stocked fridge, pull all the curtains to shut out the revolting weather, & wait it out, the longest we had to do that, was for three days, back when my wife was alive, when the so called "Great Storm" hit, we sat it out, the power was out, no light, no heat, so when we could get out, I had to drive us ten miles, to cover five, dodging fallen tees to reach an hotel & get some hot food, this was the year when millions of trees were brought down, my bungalow had a few tiles ripped off, but 200 yards down the road one had 70% of their roof destroyed

joxley1990 said:
Ermm..well..

I like in *Manchester
My gran lives in *Scotland (Cladich, Oban)
My brother lives in *Glasgow (Scotland)
My uncle lives in *London
I have a friend in *Liverpool
Have another uncle in *Portsmouth

*All of those places above, I have stayed in for one week or more

That's about it, I have been to alot of other places, heck of alot, just not stayed there..
Whereabouts in Portsmouth does or did your uncle live, I was born in Fratton, fairly close to Fratton Park, the footie field.

I havent been to many cities, I go big and fly. My friend has been to every state in the U.S. except hawaii. He said Alaska is better than most of the other states.

Brookfield said:
Whereabouts in Portsmouth does or did your uncle live, I was born in Fratton, fairly close to Fratton Park, the footie field.

About 15 minutes from the port :) That's all I know, I have not had much contact with him all my life, until I was 13, and I just got the bus up, and he picked me up.

Lets see, i hope i got all the states abreviations right.
PA
VA
GA
FL
NV
UT
VA
WV
OH
TN
SC
NC
AZ
NY
NJ

I think that's all the states i've been in

EDIT: New Mexico and Colorado also, forgot those.

Back
Top Bottom