Hospital waiting times.

blackjack

Fully Optimized
My daughter fell over yesterday and hurt her leg and her arm, her arm was really bothering her so we took her to A&E, this was like 7pm, she is only six and was very distressed, we finally got seen at 10. 30pm. to be told she needs an xray, so we were ushered of to anther waiting room, we were there another hour before we got seen, we then had to wait another hour for the results to be assessed, the good thing was nothing broken so she had it put in a splint and we were sent home, another patient who we were sat next to had come from another hospitals as there xray department closed at 5pm, she was still there when we came home at 12.30AM. This is ridiculous what is the health service coming to.

Ya its a joke how long they can take sometimes. I could see them taking there time with older people but a six your old kid should not have to wait unless there is a huge emergency IE a guy gets rushed in with multiple gunshot wounds.

Glad to here her arm wasn't broken!

Last time I was there I was taking somebody from work that had a part fall on his head. He wasn't hurt to bad just a cut on his forehead but it was still like 2hrs waiting then another 2hrs waiting for them to finish. Although I was on the clock so it was all good.

Personally, I am never going to see a doctor. If I have cancer, don't bother getting me in the hospital. I'd rather die trying to heal myself.

Okay, if I have like something broken, I'll just go to the clinic. Apparantly, with a paper, you can get in more faster. It's a myth.

But when I'm sick, don't bother.

But I'm glad her arm wasn't broken too! I mean, wait times is slow. And you know what? I sat in hospitals for an equivalency of a year, becaus eo fmy mother. She has a lot of appointements, and she went through a lot. I'm thankful for the services offered, when you're a patient, but when you're waiting in a waiting room, it seems like nothing is done. They sort of sit there, and I bet you they're playing cards.

That isn't too bad, We have had worse wait times in Canada before.

Infact, 2 fridays ago, we ran out of ambulances in my city.

That waiting time its totally rubbish, it's unfortunately always the same. Not much we can do.

Glad your daughters arm was fine but yeah the NHS is going downhill something before the health service gets privatized

Glad it wasn't broken. :)

I can't really complain about the wait times around here. They aren't too bad, and if they are, we just live with it. I can complain about the doctors however... but I won't go into that.

DJ-Chris said:
That isn't too bad, We have had worse wait times in Canada before.

Infact, 2 fridays ago, we ran out of ambulances in my city.
Wow. Whenever anyone sees an ambulance here, they all call everyone else and try to figure out who it was. (Everyone knows each other)... and we only see an ambulance with it's lights flashing every month or so, probably even less.

The health system ain't great in the U.S. either. Full of smug doctors who are full of themselves. :D

Back
Top Bottom