Hmm need help wit ranks........

We shouldn't all post just to up our rank, and we shouldn't aim to be mods. Just post, and enjoy yourself. David could put my post count down to 0 again and I would not care.

joxley1990 said:
We shouldn't all post just to up our rank, and we shouldn't aim to be mods. Just post, and enjoy yourself. David could put my post count down to 0 again and I would not care.
Yeah, CF is meant to be a good, helpful place and we gotta realize that not everyone can be a moderator.

Brookfield said:
I was lucky I guess, I was made mod whilst I was a junior member, six weeks after I joined, 14 months ago.
My advice is, be squeaky clean, have patience, get to Guru, you then have limited powers, seems a good time to put a toe in the water, & if there's a mod vacancy, apply for it.
i thought ur not supposed to ask to be a mod?!? :confused: i remember people being told not to ask for moderator positions before arrizX and lhuser were selected.

Err.. Not not. At least not here. If your a lucky person you can google, certain phrases and come up with a site that will say "In need of mod" Or whatever.

I dont know, maybe when Maurice joined, they were doing that. I dont remember, because i wasnt active then.

badninja3 said:
i thought ur not supposed to ask to be a mod?!? :confused: i remember people being told not to ask for moderator positions before arrizX and lhuser were selected.
No, I didn't exactly say ask to be a mod, if you read through what I said again, I meant put your name forward if there is a vacancy, nothing wrong with that, David sifts through the names, & might pick one out, or choose someone else entirely on their record of merit.

ArrizX said:
Maybe when Maurice joined, they were doing that. I don't remember, because i wasnt active then.
I believe I got the job sooner rather than later, maybe 'cos something I said, or my attitude to life, or even the fact that my past history had always been involved in security in one way or another, plus the fact that older mods were being sought at the time, May last year,.....anyway that's my supposition.

You guy's shouldn't want to be mod. Coming to this community isn't just a big ladder with all of us trying to get to the top (mod) This is a place to come and ask, answer, chat. Mods are just regular members, nothing saying they can't chat like the rest of us, help others, ask questions.. They just go above and beyond to help keep this place the way 99% of us like it

MarxSoccer said:
You guy's shouldn't want to be mod. Coming to this community isn't just a big ladder with all of us trying to get to the top (mod) This is a place to come and ask, answer, chat. Mods are just regular members, nothing saying they can't chat like the rest of us, help others, ask questions.. They just go above and beyond to help keep this place the way 99% of us like it
Not wishing to appear sycophantic, but you are spot on, I'm constantly amazed how some members post simply to antagonise us, of course some of their comments/complaints may be true, but I personally don't spend hours every day, 7 days a week, 365 a year, trawling through all the forums for fun, if there were no mods, or maybe only one or two, this site would go down permanently in a matter of weeks, of that, I'm quite sure.

Back
Top Bottom