Highschool Question =/

My grades have always sucked. I have a year and a half left of high school. Is this enough time to get good enough grades to go to college or do I fail at life? just wondering

Pff you can get into college with fairly low marks. It's only university's that give a rats ass about grades.

thanks for the adivce. yeah thats probably what will happen. did you take the ACT yet?

yea if you break it down by section i look at lot better,
but here are my scores
English: 18
Reading: 21
Math: 26
Science: 25
Overall: 23

im happy but i want to take it again, i think i can get at least a 26

but one things that brings me down is my GPA and that is a 2.51, so im not too happy about that but last year(JR year) i had a 2.9 and i failed a class

I'm a junior and would like to express my opinion on this matter.
I think it depends on the college that you wish to go to. And by saying "my grades sucked" do you mean B's because you have asian parents or C's and D's. Even if you get C's and D's, you can still go to a decent University. Many people who get bad grades go to a community college for 2years then transfer to a nice known university, because it is easier to get to a University if you transfer from a community college. What it comes down to is getting a job. Your boss is not going to ask for all your certifications (not the littles ones), he/shes going to want to see where you graduated from, which is that nice university that you transferred to.
I hope this helps.

well going a bit off topic, this asian chick in my gifted english class was like really sad that she got a 93 today on an essay we had to write...

lol that happens a lot to asian people, and i dont know why many native born people dont understand that.
we put a lot of effort into an assignment or test, so if we get a low A, of course we're going to be mad.

Maybe you need to be working harder. You are soon going to face realities so get your act together.

my grades sucked all thru highschool. and all that paid off since im now a 5th year senior at an alternative highschool. but i will be done in march.

u just need a good kick in the pants to get u going

Hey, welcome to Computer Forums!,
ok.gif
Have you been a member of a forum before?:)

yer,extreme overclocking. its good but i can never find the place to put my thread , i like this one its one or the other ,lol

I'm a junior and would like to express my opinion on this matter.
I think it depends on the college that you wish to go to. And by saying "my grades sucked" do you mean B's because you have asian parents or C's and D's. Even if you get C's and D's, you can still go to a decent University. Many people who get bad grades go to a community college for 2years then transfer to a nice known university, because it is easier to get to a University if you transfer from a community college. What it comes down to is getting a job. Your boss is not going to ask for all your certifications (not the littles ones), he/shes going to want to see where you graduated from, which is that nice university that you transferred to.
I hope this helps.

That is so true, i agree 100%

Back
Top Bottom