High School Rant, PT. 1

MikeReiner

Golden Master
So lets say that you have a 52% grade (or so says the online grades), and 55% would be enough to pass the class.

I am given the oppourtunity to get extra credit and turn it in on the final day.

What do I think? Hell yeah, I have about 3 things I can do.. it might take about 5 hours of my time, but if it makes the difference between failing and passing, so be it!

So I do all the work, turn it in, and walk out feeling good about myself.

I come home, check to see what my grade is now, just to find that it is now a 40%...

wait a minute.. something is wrong here... oh wow, look, she just graded a bunch of stuff I missed several WEEKS ago... the teacher didn't grade assignments that I had missed until the LAST SECOND... basically meaning I shouldn't have even bothered with all that extra credit work...

It's not the work i'm pissed over (I need the excercise anyway) but rather the hope.. I had a small flame of hope that I might pass that class... but here, now, it is completely stomped, crushed, shattered. I was falsely led to believe I had a chance.. all because of this teacher's incompentance.

Honestly, if it was up to date, and I knew right off the bat I was screwed, i'd take it like a man. If i'm lazy enough to not do the work, then i'm man enough to take the consequences. (Personal motto)

However.. I thought everything was up to date and I could rely on this online system.. way to be proven dead wrong.

So the point to this thread?

F*** ONLINE GRADE SYSTEMS. They tell you to refer to those for ALL your missing assignments so you know what your missing and how your grade stands... yeah.. sure... but what the hell is the point if it's not even up to date? Whats the point if the teacher wont keep it all up to date? All my other teachers do, so what makes this one so special? I'm pissed just thinking about this.

I feel like i've been burnt alive and had my ashes pissed on right now. If i'm gonna fail a class, they should atleast let me keep my dignity, not shatter it.

well man when i was in high school i would say 1 outta 5 kept mine up to date. if you really need something go to the teacher and see what your missing. teachers dont HAVE to keep the online grades updated or even do them at all for a matter of fact. she mighta said to check on there, but after noting it wasnt up to date wouldnt you think about asking the teacher? you can also write down your assignments, or heck you could even DO the assignments. all in all man its your fault you didnt get the work done or take the effort to ask a simple question.

sorry if i sound like an ass but thats how a majority of parents, and other individuals who finished high school will reply

Thats tough. Can you somehow appeal the grade?

I know kids at my school throw bitch fits about grades and they usually get their way..

Did I not say I would accept it if I wasn't given the hope of passing? I know doing the work would have resolved this, and if I knew I was going to fail regardless, I would not be mad, i'd be thinking more towards what I need to do to make this up. I'm not stupid.

Like I said, i'm just pissed that I was offered all this extra work even though it would all be in vain, espescially without me knowing. Is that so hard to understand?

is it to hard to do your work in the first place? or is that to hard to understand

you can vent all you want man, yeah the teacher pulled a bold face move to you but it happens to everyone. was this extra credit offered to everyone or just you? and was the possiblity of doing your work late ever an option?

EMMteo said:
is it to hard to do your work in the first place? or is that to hard to understand

you can vent all you want man, yeah the teacher pulled a bold face move to you but it happens to everyone. was this extra credit offered to everyone or just you? and was the possiblity of doing your work late ever an option?
The option was open to me, and late work is out of the question. It's either turned in on time, or not at all.

Heh.. I need to start doing my homework too.

I procrastinate and never get it done. Thats why I have like two D's maybe even three in school. Out of 5 classes.

Thats when I say xxxx I'm screwed.

I doubt this will work but try talking to the principle and maybe get in a meeting with u and him or u, the teacher, and the principle. tell him she basically knew you were going to fail but you were unaware due to the non updated grades, how she never told you, then made u do tons extra work knowing it wouldnt do anything.

ArrizX said:
Heh.. I need to start doing my homework too.

I procrastinate and never get it done. Thats why I have like two D's maybe even three in school. Out of 5 classes.

Thats when I say Fuck.. im screwed.
3 Bs, 1 C, 1 A-, and 4 Fs.

I think we can both say "Fuck.. im screwed."

EMMteo said:
I doubt this will work but try talking to the principle and maybe get in a meeting with u and him or u, the teacher, and the principle. tell him she basically knew you were going to fail but you were unaware due to the non updated grades, how she never told you, then made u do tons extra work knowing it wouldnt do anything.
She didn't "make" me do it, nor did she say I would pass if I did it. She just said I could do extra credit. Those two facts are easily enough on her side to put any debate I could make out the window. Staff always gets favoured over the student.. ALWAYS.

Back
Top Bottom