Help, Due Tommrow

G35x

Golden Master
Forgot my damn book in class, any ideas, quick run down?

lastscandr3.jpg

The civil war isn't 18th century material.
The citizens of New England fled to the New World in order to escape religious persecution in England. These Pilgrims (Puritans) left Great Britain due to the formation of the Anglican church, which was based around protestant beliefs. Puritans believing that the Anglican church was corrupt left to settle in the New World, they brought families with them, and despite harsh cold weather in the north, the Puritans endured and became a rapidly growing society very quickly. The first major colony established there would be the Massachusetts Bay Colony, which later annexed the Plymouth settlement, which was started by the Pilgrims. So, basically, the citizens of the north were really religious, and cared more about freedom and family than the south did. The south fueled at first by the Virginia company faced lots of trouble in the initial settlements since most people who arrived were those of considerable wealth. They didn't know how to survive in the wilderness and malaria caused many to die. Once they settled they suffered through harsh weather with inadequate supplies. People had to eat dogs and even corpses of fallen members of their settlement in order to survive. The primary motive of the Virginia settlers was pure economic gain and profit. They needed to pay back the joint stock companies and they wanted to strike it rich in a world full of new oppurtunities. John Rolfe is the first one to discover the value of the tobacco plant and just when the colonists were going to give up hope in the Virginia settlement, the thought of making profit out of the cash crop compelled them to stay. The birth of these plantations were started and owned by men. The vast acres of these plantations however, hindered the settlement from being a community and turned it into a colony with it's sole purpose being money. They hired indentured servants, poor British citizens who worked for six-seven years, in return they get a free trip to the New World and they get a small plot of land after their term is completed. The southern need for labor eventually led to the usage of slaves. The ambitious men of the south also led to small population growth since very little people brought their families, men could not find women in order to marry and procreate. Their separated homes also prevented them from interaction with other people. Unlike the north with it's close knit communities and abundance in families. The north's value for family life also led to the development of the first universities of the New World, which include Harvard, Rutgers, Dartmouth, etc. While the South relied on slave labor, in order to harvest cash crops such as rice and tobacco, the North relied on ship building and the exportation of lumber in order to get by.

Hope that helps.. lol

Haha, I have a essay for The Scarlet Letter due tomorrow and I let someone borrow my book, but I forgot to get it back. :p Since I need quotes, SparkNotes will be my friend tonight. :)

G35x
Just courious. Why are you always getting others to do your homework for you?
You have your basic outline and instructions. Why not just go online and get what you need?

alvino said:
Haha, I have a essay for The Scarlet Letter due tomorrow and I let someone borrow my book, but I forgot to get it back. :p Since I need quotes, SparkNotes will be my friend tonight. :)

assuming ur teacher uses somewhat of the same test that i got on fri... sparknotes does not work for scarlet letter.... just got a test back today that was a 0/5....

setishock said:
G35x
Just courious. Why are you always getting others to do your homework for you?
You have your basic outline and instructions. Why not just go online and get what you need?

Who said I wanted them to do it, I just ask for guidelines..I didnt ask for a huge essay, some people just have a better perspective...So whats the difference between someone asking for help on hw, then someone who is having a problem with computers, we're all here for help...

Back
Top Bottom