Help with dissertation data collection! Climate Change

alex_boothby

In Runtime
Hi, first of all sorry if this is in the wrong catagory, but i had to pick one! and i think this best suits.

I plan to do a dissertation on analyisng the channels to which knowledge is distrubuted with relation to climate change.

To collect data i plan to construst a questionaire collecting various amounts of data such as, age, income, education level etc and ask people which sources of information they generally rely on and which they trust and if any sources significantly effect their behaviour.

With that i plan on showing them 4 videos, each video will basically be saying something similar about climate change but each will be preseneted by someone different;
A. A scientist
B, A regulated news reader from a source such as the BBC
C A non-regulated media source such as ITV or FOX news
D. A 'non expert' ( as in someones friend from the pub)

I will then interview(or might be another set of questions, not sure yet) people afterwards and ask them which video they trusted most and which would influence them the most and their thoughts about all of them in general.

I then plan to sort my data and compare to see if people with different levels of education react differently to information presented to them, i also would like to comapre age groups (also open to suggestions!)

I would just like to get anyones opinions on this and comments, do people think this is good eneough to be a dissertation? would it create eneough depth for analysis?

any ideas for improvements or alternatives welcome.

Hope to hear from you all,

Many thanks, Alex

Back
Top Bottom