Helicopter crash

Brookfield

Golden Master
A US helicopter crashed while flying over NW Baghdad, all seven of the crew were killed, breaking news, so no details yet, as to the cause.

Is it just me or are things there getting worse?

i hate to say it, but i almost want this to be piolet error or mechanical falure just so we can't say "oh another death that shouldn't have happened because we shouldn't be there". We get enough of that every day from the media.

celegorm said:
"oh another death that shouldn't have happened because we shouldn't be there". We get enough of that every day from the media.
yeah exactly, I hate how the media portrays that :mad:

^Mike^ said:
This was a typical BBC report, no bull, very non-committal, not like The Sun's headlines tomorrow morning, I bet!!

Brookfield said:
This was a typical BBC report, no bull, very non-committal, not like The Sun's headlines tomorrow morning, I bet!!
Yeah, I just don't like how other media use headlines and say that we shouldn't be in Iraq and use all the excuses they can. BBC is a very good news service and don't do things like that.

^Mike^ said:

My thoughts too. When my uncle served in Iraq, i would get his company news letters sent to my email and in with the bad news i recived from the media days earlier, i got good stories of what was happening that our biased media (this is the US media i'm talking about, i'm not sure how it is in other countries) wouldn't show.

Honestly, when was the last time you can remember the media has shown you a picture of a US soldier handing out candy bars to little kids and getting hugs from them?

celegorm said:
My thoughts too. When my uncle served in Iraq, i would get his company news letters sent to my email and in with the bad news i recived from the media days earlier, i got good stories of what was happening that our biased media (this is the US media i'm talking about, i'm not sure how it is in other countries) wouldn't show.

Honestly, when was the last time you can remember the media has shown you a picture of a US soldier handing out candy bars to little kids and getting hugs from them?
true, only bad news is news in todays society. (most of it anyway)

celegorm said:

I see your point that the US media only portrays negative aspects about the war but it's actually the truth. The country is going no where fast, at least not anywhere good fast and bombings and whatnot show this to people - it's the truth. Seeing soldiers hand out candy may be nice but it's not news and it doesn't depict what actually going on the country.

PCNoob said:
I see your point that the US media only portrays negative aspects about the war but it's actually the truth.
but is it the whole truth? Yes we are dying. Yes our British Brothers-in-arms are dying right beside us, but is that the only thing going on? no. How many of them have we captured? How much has their life improved? Now you may look at this and say, "It hasn't, they now have risks of being bombed by their own people as well as us" but you have to look byond that. they have say in their life now. they don't have to fear saying anything bad about their government or being mis-interpreted.

war is hell, people die, but thats not everything. We have trained their police force and defense forces. They are getting better every day. Every day they take over a little more. How is it not good that we train them to defend themselves?

Back
Top Bottom