HD DVD / Blu Ray

David Lindon

Golden Master
Is anyone else following the new format wars?

I'm excited about the new high definition formats not just for the picture quality but the sound too.

So which do you expect to win?

I think HD DVD, HD-TV is already fantastic, and we all know the quality you can get from DVD's..

All I know is that both of those things are gonna cost a fortune...I'll go with HD-DVD for now, just cause the player currently costs 1/2 the price. Once the PS3 comes out though, that could give the Blu-Ray market a whole new dimension.

Blue ray is going way overboard, with new compression technologies comming out, blue ray will be REALLY overboard.

Neither.

Its just competition between the two companies.

Seriously, how many people have the cash to dump into on of these players? The 1080p TV's cost a pretty penny themselves, and then you literaelly need to have a 5.1/6.1 setup to enjoy the picture quality.

I mean not enough people have the stuff, its just too much too soon. DVD's are still matureing..

i dont think the bluray and the hd dvd movies are worth it, cuz they cost too much and i think the good ol dvd still is the best

idk which one i would like better. i havent really read about either of them, but im interested in seeing what blu ray will be like.

i still think that both of them are really expensive...and for ps3, will it be able to play all dvds as well(like normal ones, not hd) an blueray, or is it only blueray

Back
Top Bottom